Just last year, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts tested several menu formats for common food allergies and intolerances at 12 locations, both quick-service and table-service restaurants. Based on the success of this pilot, multiple new menus addressing the most common allergy and dietary requests are being introduced across Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resorts. The next phase to introduce these new menus is currently expected to place this month.
Allergy-friendly menus will be introduced in June at the following locations:
- June 11: Trail’s End at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- June 11-17: Disney's Resort Deluxe Hotels (Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s BoardWalk, Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Disney’s Polynesian, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Disney’s Yacht & Beach Club Resorts)
- June 24-26: Magic Kingdom Park
Timeframe for the introduction of allergy-friendly menus at the Walt Disney World Resort:
- April/May 2015: All signature restaurants, table-service, and quick-service restaurants at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Water Parks. This part of the project has already been implemented.
- June/July 2015: Most table-service and quick-service restaurants at Magic Kingdom and Resorts.
- August/September 2015: Select restaurants at Epcot and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
Some Frequently Asked Questions in regards to the new menus:
Will locations that offer buffet-style service have allergy-friendly menus?
At this time, locations that only offer buffet-style service will not introduce allergy-friendly menus. Guests should notify a Cast Member if they have any special dietary needs and a Disney chef will be available to answer any questions. UPDATE: As of May 2017, new allergen guides are now available at all buffet locations around the Walt Disney World Resort. Click here to learn more.
Will allergy-friendly menus be available for kids’ meals?
Yes, locations that offer an allergy-friendly menu will have allergy-friendly kids’ menus for gluten/wheat, milk, peanut, tree nut and fish.
At some locations, allergy-friendly menus have been introduced to better assist Guests with common food allergies and intolerances. If you prefer, the Chef or special diets trained Cast Member will be available to visit your table and help guide your decision.
What if I want to order something that's not on this menu?
A special diets trained Cast Member will come discuss your dietary needs and help guide your decision.
Do Operating Participant restaurants, such as Wolf Gang Puck® Grand Cafe or Chefs de France, offer allergy-friendly menus?
Guests should ask upon arrival at the restaurant as each location is operated independently.
I have multiple allergies. Will I be able to leverage the allergy-friendly menus?
Guests with multiple food allergies may be able to utilize the menus based on their individual needs; however, if a suitable menu selection is not available, a Chef or special diets trained Cast Member will continue to be available to consult with you on dining options.
Do you have dedicated kitchens/equipment for the preparation of items?
Most locations do not have dedicated equipment or separate kitchens to prepare allergen-friendly items or separate dining areas for Guests with allergies or intolerances. Reasonable efforts wil be used in sourcing, preparation, and handling procedures to avoid the introduction of the named allergen into these menu choices.