As you will have noticed checking out our latest Downtown Disney update (which can be found by clicking here), a massive amount of work is currently being done around this entertainment district. It's true, work related to the Disney Springs project has been going on for a while now, but this could be defined as the most important and "intense" part of this major expansion. Here is a snapshot of several projects underway this week (and in the near future) at the Downtown Disney Area:
Recent openings and additions:
- Marketplace Co-Op;
- Cirque du Soleil Ambassadors in the Marketplace to promote La Nouba;
- Lilly Pad.
- Pearl Factory (closed temporarily; Guests can visit Disney's Yacht & Beach Club for similar offerings);
- Pleasure Island Bus Loop (taxis are only available at the West Side and Marketplace);
- Ring Stage and bar (due to AMC and Planet Hollywood hardscape work);
- West Side Joffrey’s (closed temporarily);
- Inbound Entrance 1;
- Parking spaces in Lot L (temporarily).
Work continues on the following:
- New phase of Buena Vista Drive roadwork including some lane and sidewalk closures;
- E,F,G Parking Lot lot navigation changes due to Pleasure Island bus loop closure;
- Guest walking bypass near the LEGO Imagination Center;
- West Side elevated space;
- Pleasure Island canal;
- Marketplace Causeway;
- Saratoga Bridge/Marketplace Water Taxi dock;
- Highline and Food Truck Plaza;
- West Parking Garage.
As always, thank you very much for following us, and see you soon with more news and updates. Stay tuned!