Visiting the Downtown Disney area in the next few months? If you are planning on doing so, you will be happy to know that some of the (many) walls that have been up for months around multiple areas of this entertainment district were recently removed, providing a much better experience to Guests. Of course, we are still in the middle of the biggest expansion in Downtown Disney's history, so there's still a lot to do. Let's see what was done in the past few weeks.
Here is a snapshot of several projects that have either been completed or that are still underway this week at the Downtown Disney Area (feel free to click on the links to learn more about the new locations):
Recent openings & key updates:
- First Downtown Disney pedestrian bridge installed on March 19, 2015;
- United World Soccer shop closed March 25;
- Buzz & Woody statues installed near the LEGO Store on March 27;
- Downtown Disney Guest shuttle test begun March 27;
- Highline by Splitsville now open;
- WonderGround Gallery shop and The Sign Shop display now open at Marketplace Co-Op;
- Walkway between Cooke’s of Dublin and Raglan Road now open;
- Village Causeway and retail kiosks now open in the Marketplace.
Work continues on the following:
- Pedestrian bridge at intersection 3 near Team Disney and Cast Services;
- Hardscape and planter installation between Harley-Davidson and AMC 24 Dine-In Theatres;
- Interior expansion work at World of Disney, primarily during third shift hours;
- New Margarita Bar in the Marketplace;
- Buena Vista Drive roadwork – paving is underway, changing traffic patterns, and road closures;
- Marketplace and Entrance 3 (near Team Disney) pedestrian bridges;
- Town Center;
- Orange (west) Garage and East garage;
- The Springs;
- West Side highlines;
- The Landing.
Be sure to stay tuned on Orlando Theme Park News for additional updates on this construction project.