The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic event returns for the fifth year to the Epcot Resort Area hotel October 31 – November 1 (from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.), featuring more than 40 food and wine stations, 10 food and wine seminars, and the opportunity to meet the masters behind the culinary magic. Along with live entertainment and special surprises, Guests will enjoy numerous opportunities to sip and savor all weekend strolling along the hotel’s causeway.
The two-night event offers an enticing array of culinary options from the hotel’s award-winning signature restaurants: Il Mulino New York Trattoria, Shula’s Steak House, and Todd English’s bluezoo, as well as wine and spirits sampling from around the globe.
The food selections are as innovative as they are enticing, ranging from Italian arancini, marrying Carnaroli rice, Osso Buco and spicy tomato sauce, and the Asian-inspired grilled scallops with puffed rice, edamame and ponzu jelly; to barbeque handcrafted bacon, accented with sweet potato puree and caramelized onions. And, the hotel’s World Champion Pastry Chef, Laurent Branlard, provides intrigue on the sweeter side with finishing touches like a chocolate crunch Napoleon with hazelnut daquoise and chocolate whipped cream, and a lemon peel mousse dome with blueberry cream and lemon angel food cake at its center.
“We’re excited about the fifth annual Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic,” said the hotel’s Director of Food & Beverage, Tony Porcellini. “This year, we’ll present even more intriguing wine selections from around the globe; showcase our culinary creativity with exciting new dishes; expand on our seminar offerings, and introduce a beer garden! Our goal is to make this event bigger and better each year and have fun doing it!”
New to the event this year are:
- A beer garden, featuring a variety of local and seasonal brews from around the world, alongside homemade bar snacks made by the hotel’s culinary experts. An upgraded ticket option provides guests access to the beer garden.
- The Cheese Course seminar, which pays homage to fromage with a unique look at the art of wine and cheese pairing.
- The Fine Art of Sushi and Sake seminar, which will teach guests how to identify quality sushi and sake flavor profiles and pair the two.
- A hands-on Caipirinha seminar, where guests will learn both the traditional recipe and try some unique twists to this ever-popular Brazilian cocktail.
- Tequila University, offering an in-depth look at tequila, its different styles, the artisans who make it and the secrets to making the perfect margarita.
Returning seminars include: pasta-making, Italian wines, modern mixology, beer, wine-blending and champagne. All seminars require separate tickets in addition to the causeway tickets, and space is limited.
To add to the event’s appeal, guests can enjoy a meet and greet with celebrity chef Todd English, the namesake of the hotel’s Todd English’s bluezoo restaurant. Guests can also meet and enjoy world-class desserts from the hotel’s very own executive pastry chef, Laurent Branlard, the world’s only two-time World Champion Pastry Chef. Barbeque fans shouldn’t miss the Cib’s Smoke House station for signature barbeque dishes from the hotel’s executive chef Robert Ciborowski.
With 17 restaurants and lounges, a distinguished culinary and beverage team and unmatched customer service, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel continually receives national recognition for its food and beverage program. The hotel boasts more than 70 certified wine sommeliers and 1,400 wine selections, including organic and rare vintages. The hotel’s restaurants are annual winners of the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence including Shula’s Steak House, a three-time recipient of the exclusive Best of Award of Excellence.
- One and two-night packages, including tickets to the outdoor festival for two and overnight accommodations, are available starting at $315 per night
- Advance purchase event-only tickets are available for $95 per person, including taxes and include unlimited food and beverage samples on the causeway
- Upgraded tickets that include the beer garden are $115 per person, including taxes
- Beverage seminars are $45 per person, per class including taxes
- Pasta making and pairing seminars are $60 per person including taxes
- For more information or to book, please visit www.SwanDolphinFoodandWineClassic.com or call 1-800-227-1500
Tickets to the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic are available as part of a hotel package or individually at www.SwanDolphinFoodandWineClassic.com or by calling 1-800-227-1500.
PHOTOS: ©2014 Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resorts. All rights reserved.