In order to accommodate the more than 650,000 special dietary requests received each year in Disney Parks around the world, new allergy-friendly menus for common food allergies and intolerances will be introduced. During the pilot period, select restaurants at Walt Disney World Resort (starting September 2) and Disneyland Resort (starting September 9) will test several different menu strategies during a six-week period. Guest feedback will be captured for each menu type.
Several different menu types will be tested. The following restaurants are scheduled to participate between September 2 and October 20, 2014 (be sure to note that dates may be changed at any time without notice):
- Disney California Adventure Park: Carthay Circle Restaurant, Flo's V8 Café, Wine Country Trattoria
- Disneyland Hotel: Steakhouse 55, Tangaroa Terrace
Walt Disney World Resort:
- Disney's BoardWalk Resort: Flying Fish Café
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary, Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, The Hollywood Brown Derby
- Disney's Polynesian Resort: Kona Cafe, Capt. Cooks
- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort: World Premiere Food Court
All food and beverage locations will continue to follow current processes and will use reasonable effort to accommodate Guest dietary requirements. Guests should continue to notify a Cast Member at the location if they have any dietary needs.