Beginning Sunday, October 15, for the first time ever, the Walt Disney World Resort will welcome guests – and their dogs – to four of its resort properties: Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, and the Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort. A maximum of two dogs per guest room can be accommodated, and each guest room will have easy access to outdoor pet walkways for exercise and green spaces with pet relief areas.
These four properties have a new pet-cleaning rate (note that rates are subject to change):
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50/night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75/night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50/night
Dog lovers will find plenty of Disney amenities and special touches for their four-legged friends:
- At check-in, Pluto’s Welcome Kit includes mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, courtesy plastic disposable bags, puppy pads, dog walking maps, and a Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger indicating to hotel staff that a pet is in the room.
- Disney enjoys a partnership with Best Friends Pet Care, an on-property full-service facility that can provide assistance with pet daycare and other pet services (fees apply).
- Pet merchandise is coming soon to participating resorts.
While dogs will be allowed to stay in guest rooms, they will be expected to be well behaved, leashed in public resort areas and properly vaccinated. For more information about the new dog-friendly trial program, including other restrictions and policies, guests may contact 407-W-DISNEY. DVC Members should contact Member Services at 800-800-9800.
PHOTO: © 2017 Walt Disney World Resort. All Rights Reserved.