Many Guests visiting the Walt Disney World Resort do so while celebrating a special occasion such as an anniversary, graduation, family reunion, and more. Starting from May 17, a new Mickey Mouse celebration cake will be available for Guests dining at most Disney-owned-and-operated table-service restaurants and private dining at Walt Disney World Resort. The new Mickey Mouse celebration cake is specially designed to commemorate special occasions with a predesigned congratulations message.
The cakes will be available to order for $35 beginning May 17. To ensure availability, it is recommended that Guests add a celebration cake to their dining reservation at time of booking by calling 407-WDW-DINE (3463), or in person at concierge desks and restaurant podiums. Table-service restaurants will also have a limited quantity of cakes on-hand for day-of orders. Guests should inquire at the restaurant podium upon arrival.
The celebration cake serves 4-6 people and is available in decadent chocolate or sweet white chocolate:
- White chocolate vanilla: four-layer vanilla chiffon cake filled with vanilla mousse, topped with white glaze (soaked, no butter cream).
- Dark chocolate: four-layer chocolate chiffon cake filled with dark chocolate mousse, topped with dark glaze.
Here you are some of the frequently asked questions about the Mickey Mouse celebration cake:
1) Are discounts (Cast Member, Passholder, etc.) applicable with these cakes?
Yes, the cake is eligible for current discount offerings at locations that offer a food & beverage discount.
2) Do these cakes contain any allergens?
The Mickey Mouse celebration cake contains gluten, wheat, soy, milk and eggs. Additionally, the cakes are produced in facilities that may also include other allergens such as peanuts and tree nuts.
3) Are these cakes customizable? Can I put someone’s name on my cake?
Due to their size and design, these Mickey Mouse celebration cakes are not available with custom flavors or writing. Guests who would like a more personalized cake should inquire about availability of custom cakes using the cake ordering line (407-827-2253). Custom cakes start around $75 and require a minimum of 72 hours advance notice. Custom cakes will continue to be available in the same locations that they are today.
4) Is the cake included as part of the Disney Dining Plan?
Dining plan entitlements may not be used toward the payment of a celebration cake or custom cakes.
5) Will the previous 6” cake continue to be available upon request?
No, beginning May 17, the previous 6” cake will be replaced with the new Mickey Mouse celebration cake.
6) Where can Guests get more information on cake offerings at Walt Disney World Resort?
Later this month (mid-May), information on ordering cakes at the Walt Disney World Resort will launch online at www.disneyworldcakes.com. The site will include photos of the Mickey Mouse celebration cakes.
PHOTO: © 2017 Walt Disney World Resort. All Rights Reserved.