The new Colortopia exhibit (presented by Glidden) is currently in a soft-opening phase. This interactive exhibit, located inside Epcot's Innoventions East pavilion, is designed to entertain, inform, and inspire Guest about the power of color. This addition includes a guided tour that will take Guests into three different rooms featuring a variety of interactive activities and opportunities to learn while having fun. Colortopia is expected to be fully operational by the end of this week.
Some interesting Facts about Colortopia, presented by Glidden:
- Size: More than 3,700 square feet
- Exhibit length: Approximately 30 minutes
- Opening Date: November 13, 2015
- Hours of Operation: Daily 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (unless otherwise noted in the Times Guide)
- Recommended guest ages: All ages
As stated earlier, Colortopia comprises three zones where guests can experience color in a fun, interactive environment. Connected to the experience are a rich website and a downloadable mobile app that lets Guests play with color before, during, and after their experience in the exhibit.
- “The Power of Color Theater” – In this specially developed theater, Guests will enjoy a short presentation that explores the psychology of color by immersing Guests in a full spectrum of colors.
- “The Color Lab” – In this area, Guests can play Color Mix ‘n Match, an interactive game that allows them to mix red, green, and blue to create new colors. Another interactive station, Spinning Spectrums, teaches Guests about the persistence of vision through painted spinning discs. Here, they can try to guess what color their eyes will perceive once the multi-colored disks start to spin.
- “Color Our World” – In the preshow area, Guests will play with fun color shadows before they receive a magic paint brush. In the studio, Guests use the magic paint brushes to bring the world around them to life through their personal color choices.
The Colortopia mobile app has a number of features that allow the Guests to play with expansive color palettes at Epcot and in the Colortopia exhibit. In the park, Guests can visit the countries of World Showcase and collect their favorite colors from each pavilion to add to their personal color palettes to take home. At home, they can photograph their own spaces and colorize them using palettes stored and collected from the World Showcase to develop their own Epcot inspired environments.
Guests who do not experience the Colortopia exhibit can visit the website, experiencecolortopia.com to learn about the exhibit and app. The site also features a fun color personality quiz that matches colors and personalities allowing players the opportunity to discuss on social media.
LOGO: © 2015 Disney. All Rights Reserved.