The grand opening of LEGOLAND Florida's new water park is approaching very fast, and the park is therefore getting ready (it will open to the public on Saturday, May 26, 2012). Take a look at how the park has started to fill some of the pools and the lazy river with water:
Fill ‘er Up! LEGOLAND® Water Park Gets WATER!
Less than two months until the LEGOLAND® Water Park opens on May 26, and the attraction is getting its middle name – water! More than a half a million gallons of H20 were pumped into the LEGO® Wave Pool by a friend of the LEGO City Volunteer Fire Department. The first wave pool in any LEGOLAND Water Park will be home to gently rolling waves sure to please splashers young and old. Meanwhile, the rest of the water park attraction is currently under construction from DUPLO® Splash Safari to Joker Soaker.
Key areas of LEGOLAND Water Park attraction include:
· LEGO Wave Pool – Families can catch a gentle wave or simply cool off in this perfectly sized wave pool where the waves are just big enough for all ages to enjoy
· Build-A-Raft River - Families can imagine, design and build a unique LEGO vessel and set afloat on a maiden voyage around the 1000-foot-long lazy river, set amongst playful LEGO Friends, flowering vegetation and palm trees
· Twin Chasers – Friends ride tubes 375 feet down an intertwining pair of enclosed water slides before plunging into a refreshing pool below
· Splash Out – The thrill seekers of the family can ascend to the tallest point of the water park attraction and choose from one of three unique slides, then speed down a 60-foot drop and “splash out” into the water below
· Joker Soaker - A fun, interactive playground with various lengths, heights and types of slides that offer something different for every member of the family. Guests can wade in the surrounding pool and be surprised with a torrential spill from a 300-gallon bucket
· DUPLO Splash Safari – Toddlers will rule at this water play area with shorter slides and interactive, larger-than-life DUPLO creatures
Admission to the water park attraction is included with an all-new LEGOLAND Premium Pass, which offers 12 months admission to LEGOLAND Florida and seasonal access to the LEGOLAND Water Park for just $179 for adults and $149 for child/senior. Single-day LEGOLAND Florida guests may upgrade to a water park attraction ticket for an additional $12 per person (children under 3 are $3). The Premium Pass is now available for purchase at www.LEGOLAND.com or AAA Auto Group branches.
In addition to that, here's a short video showing the pool being filled:
We certainly cannot wait to see this renovated water park! From the images it already looks good, but it will look much better after all the LEGO models and theming will be installed!
The video and all the photos are subject to the copyright of LEGOLAND Florida. All rights reserved.