The Walt Disney World Resort will be introducing allergy-friendly menus to most of their dining locations aiming to elevate their service level and offering additional alternatives to meet the needs of Guests with common food allergies or intolerances. These new menus will focus on the most common allergens (including gluten/wheat, milk, peanut, tree nut, and fish) and will include selections for appetizer, entrée, side item, dessert, and kids’ meals.
Signature restaurants across Walt Disney World Resort will begin offering allergy-friendly menus on April 14, 2015, including the following:
- Le Cellier Steakhouse at Epcot
- The Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Jiko - The Cooking Place at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Flying Fish Cafe at Disney's BoardWalk
- California Grill at Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Citricos and Narcoosee's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Artist Point at Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Yachtman Steakhouse at Disney's Yacht Club Resort
In addition, several locations participated in the pilot last year and continue to offer allergy-friendly menus. The Resort anticipates having allergy-friendly menus available at approximately 80 Disney-operated table-service and select quick-service restaurants by the end of September.
As a reminder, the availability of allergy-friendly menus will not replace the Guest’s option to consult directly with a Disney Chef or designated trained Cast Member regarding menu offerings suitable for their dietary requirements. This service will continue to be offered to Guests upon request.