Work continues to take place day and night around the Downtown Disney area as part of the major Disney Springs project. While the current parking situation is currently still a nightmare, if you are thinking about visiting Downtown Disney in the near future you shouldn't worry too much. In fact, the new multi-story parking garage is now open to Cast Members, and will soon open to Guests. Also, more additions are also scheduled to open in the next few weeks.
Here you are a quick snapshot of several projects underway this week at the Downtown Disney Area:
New openings & key updates:
- New kiosks in Lily Pad area are now open, selling wine/bar accessories & gifts
- A portion of the promenade in Keith’s Park next to the LEGO Imagination Center has reopened
- Construction on intersection 1 with only one crosswalk available at a time in this area
- Internal water taxi extended hours until 1:30 a.m.
- Construction starting on pedestrian bridges at Hotel Plaza Boulevard intersection and Intersection 3. Existing crosswalks will remain open during construction, but watch for new temporary walkways leading to the Hotel Plaza Boulevard intersection.
- The Typhoon Lagoon main entrance is closed to rebuild the intersection. For access, use entrance behind Team Disney.
- Waterview Park and cut-through open to the bypass bridge at The Landing (PHOTOS)
Work continues on the following:
- New Margarita Bar in the Marketplace
- Area near Characters in Flight booth
- Lily Pad
- Paradiso 37 expansion
- Buena Vista Drive roadwork
- E,F,G Parking Lot
- Guest walking bypass near the LEGO Imagination Center
- Pleasure Island canal as the springs continue to take shape
- Marketplace Causeway
- Food Truck courtyard
- West Parking Garage
- Highline structures (Food Truck Park and between Splitsville and Bongos)
Keep checking back here on Orlando Theme Park News for photos of the area. See you again soon.