- Opening Date: Summer 2016
- Style: Casual and easy-going Caribbean-inspired resort surrounding a lush, tropical lagoon and towering waterfall.
- Rooms: 1,000 guest rooms and suites.
- Amenities: Highlights include Early Park Admission to Universal’s theme parks, resort-style pool with water slide and children’s play area, valet service and a fitness center.
- Dining: Full-service restaurant with scenic views and outdoor dining, themed lobby lounge, quick-service marketplace, poolside bar and grill.
- Reservations: Will be accepted in spring 2015
- The new hotel, announced on September 9, 2014 by Universal Orlando Resort and Loews Hotels & Resorts, will be located across Adventure Way from the new Cabana Bay Beach Resort. It will become the destination’s fifth resort hotel and its 1,000 rooms, including 77 suites, will bring the number of on-site hotel rooms at Universal Orlando to 5,200.
Located in major city centers and resort destinations from coast to coast, the Loews portfolio features one-of-a-kind properties that go beyond Four Diamond standards to delight guests with exciting, approachable and local travel experiences. For reservations or more information about Loews Hotels & Resorts, call 1-800-23-LOEWS or visit: www.loewshotels.com.
Sounds like it will be a Moderate/Value category hotel that won't include Universal Express Unlimited, as is the case with Cabana Bay, since it isn't listed under the Benefits section. However, the category isn't explicitly listed. But with 1000 additional rooms, if they gave all these guests the pass for free, it really reduces the value and convenience of the benefit since there would be too many people with it.
True, at first glance it sounds horrible, but even in peak season not everyone in those 1000 rooms will be in the parks.
Now divide that by the number of attractions, and then reduce that by the hours in the park day as well as giving people some time to walk around, relax, eat.
I doubt you'd notice much of a difference unless everyone headed to the same attractions at the same time.