Work in the Downtown Disney area proceeds very quickly as the entire area continues to morph into Disney Springs. While no new businesses have opened in the past month or so, we are reaching the most important phase of construction, as almost all the areas that will be changed as part of this major project are now behind walls. Here you are a snapshot of the several projects that are underway this week at the Downtown Disney Area:
New openings & key updates:
- Construction on intersection 3 near Team Disney with only one crosswalk available at a time;
- Internal water taxi extends hours until 1:30 a.m.;
- Valet pricing adjusts (starting at $10).
- Planet Hollywood merchandise location (indoor retail still available);
- Entrance 4 closed permanently;
Work continues on the following:
- Waterside stage tech booth relocation;
- Work near Characters in Flight booth;
- Lily Pad;
- Paradiso 37 expansion work;
- Pile driving to prepare for the overpass bridge into the West parking garage;
- Buena Vista Drive roadwork;
- E,F,G Parking Lot navigation changes due to Pleasure Island bus loop closure;
- Guest walking bypass near LEGO;
- Pleasure Island canal;
- Facilities Building in Parking Lot O;
- Cast Services Building in the Hess lot;
- Marketplace Causeway;
- Food Truck Plaza;
- West Parking Garage;
- Highline structures (West Side Starbucks and between Splitsville and Bongos);
- Walkway in Lots E, F and G.
In addition to that, you will be interested in the fact that the West parking garage was finally "topped out" (which means the final concrete was poured on the top level) a few days ago. Here is a photo:
We'll be back to Downtown Disney in the near future. Look for a new photo-update to be posted soon.
PHOTO: © Walt Disney World Resort. All rights reserved.