Lots of work is currently underway in the Downtown Disney area. The Disney Springs project is moving very fast (sadly, that shows how Disney has a very different approach when it comes to their theme park projects...), and there's certainly a lot of news to report from this entertainment district. Before we share our latest photos, let's first see what's going on:
- Parking Entrance 3 is closed, and the section of Ring Road between Entrances 3 and 4 remains closed as work on the West Garage expands. Guests traveling in vehicles who wish to move between the east and west parking lots need to use Buena Vista Drive.
- Work on an outdoor food expansion at House of Blues is in progress. Event ticket sales have relocated to inside the House of Blues merchandise store and the existing ticket booth will change to become a quick service food location.
- Work on a new Starbucks location near World of Disney has already begun.
- Demolition of the former Cap’n Jack’s Restaurant is in progress.
- Work will begin soon in Keith’s Park (between LEGO and T-REX) to change the flow of the walkways to support the Disney Springs expansion.
Now, here you are some of the photos that our reporter Alex took during his latest trip to Downtown Disney/Disney Springs:
We will start with a look around the closed parking lots, which will soon welcome a new multi-level parking garage:
Above the walls:
You can spot the foundations of the new parking garage in the next few pictures:
A closer look:
Notice the base of yet another crane (coming soon):