Welcome to ORLANDO THEME PARK NEWS!
This gives us some hope about the attraction, since we all know that it is in very bad conditions, including the queue area. Many rumors state that there are some plans to implement a new "next-generation" queue line, where guests could interact with some small games in the queue, while waiting for their turn to ride. Personally, I'm not holding my breath on that, since there's really no need to do so for Big Thunder Mountain..
My only hope is that they refurbish the queue area and the ride in general, making it look just like it looked when it first opened. What do you think? What would you expect from such a long refurbishment?
I like interactive queues, but if they use anything screens in Big Thunder, I'll be really disappointed. They know what they're doing...
Im cross im visiting for the first time and big thunder mountain is my fav ride :-(
OK Sam, how long is it going to be closed? You wrote, "will temporarily cease to operate starting from January 9, 2011 and will reopen almost five months later, on May 28, 2012". I think you meant to say January 2012 - May 2012 'cause I think it's still open now! ; )
Nick, if you're visiting for the first time how do you know it is your favorite ride?
Big Thunder Mountain is a great rollercoaster. They just did space mountain and now its way to jerky. Its not the same. Big Thunder needs a new Q-line and other stuff but dont touch the track.
I am actually disappointed in the timing, with so much already under construction at MK and Fantasyland in shambles, they should leave this one alone until some of the FL stuff opens back up...dumbo will be closed then, probably snow white and now BTM...not realy many reasons to visit MK in early 2012
I agree with Suzanne. Why close Big thunder Mountain at a time when so many other things are closed?! I visit every September so it wont affect me but if I was going early 2012 I wouldnt be happy if I paid full admission to Magic Kingdom with so many things closed.
I think there IS a need to add a Next-Gen queue to Big Thunder.
The queue for that ride is already pretty dull and boring as it is overall.
Also, I agree with those who said that Space Mountain already recieved major renovations and now it's Big Thunder's turn. Big Thunder is in DIRE need of a HUGE refurbishment...and so is Splash Mountain, for that matter.
maybe there is putting a photo since there is one is splash mountain and space mountain
Please, Support Our Sponsors
Having to cover all the Theme Parks and Attractions in the Central Florida area is not an easy task. You can be sure that your donations will help us to continue to bring you all the latest news, rumors, and photo-updates as we have always done in the past.
- ► 2012 (1062)
- Advertise on Orlando Theme Park News!
- Come to the Mall, Don't Park at LEGOLAND: Ethical?...
- "Tutto Italia Ristorante" to Receive a Major Rehab...
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (Oct. 29-Nov.4)
- LEGOLAND Florida Review by an OTPN Reader
- Temporary FASTPASS Changes for Winnie the Pooh
- Hard Rock Hotel at Universal Orlando - PHOTOS
- Contemporary Parking Restrictions & Road Congestio...
- Fort Wilderness Parking Restrictions Oct. 28-31, 2...
- Fantasyland Miscellaneous News - SkyWay & More
- LEGOLAND Florida Discounts: Where To Be Found
- Fantasyland Update: Mermaids & Circuses (Oct. 2011...
- Fantasyland Update: Snowy Peaks Appear (Oct. 2011)...
- Characters In Flight Currently Closed for Maintena...
- Reminder: New Table Service Policy Starts Today
- SeaWorld Orlando to Make Big Announcements Soon
- LEGOLAND Florida - Minor Additions Coming Soon
- "The Seas" Pavilion Returning to its Normal Hours
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (October 22-28)
- FASTPASS Testing for Magic Kingdom's Parade
- What's Coming to the Frontierland Shootin' Arcade?...
- Groupon Deal of the Day: 57% Off BC Airboat Rides
- Free Parking for Florida Residents after 6:00pm
- Changes Coming to The Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Tropicals' Final Performance Delayed Until Nov...
- Fun Spot Parks to Start Pre-Selling Annual Passes ...
- Universal Studios Update: 'U360' Globes Gone & Mor...
- Dragon Challenge To Never "Duel" Again
- Fun Spot Parks Change Their Operating Hours
- LEGOLAND Florida Photo-Gallery: DUPLO Village
- LEGOLAND Florida Photo-Gallery: LEGO Kingdoms
- LEGOLAND Florida Photo-Gallery: Land of Adventure
- LEGOLAND Florida Photo-Gallery: LEGO City
- LEGOLAND Florida Photo-Gallery: Imagination Zone &...
- Advisory: Typhoon Lagoon Closed Due to Weather
- Busch Gardens Tampa's First 12th Grade Grad Night
- Disneyland Park Hours Revised for October 20, 2011...
- LEGOLAND Florida Photo-Galley: Pirates' Cove & The...
- LEGOLAND Florida Photo-Galley: Miniland USA
- LEGOLAND Florida Photo-Galley: Fun Town
- LEGOLAND Florida Photo-Galley: The Beginning
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (October 15-21)
- LEGOLAND Florida - Grand Opening Photos/Video
- Complimentary Wi-Fi Available at Select WDW Hotels...
- LEGOLAND Florida - NOW OPEN!
- DTD - Watercraft Transportation Changes Oct. 15, 2...
- Magic Kingdom: Tomorrowland's Rehab (PART 1)
- Magic Kingdom: Tomorrowland's Rehab (PART 2)
- The Seas with Nemo and Friends - Hours Update
- Groupon Deal of the Day - 50% Off iFly Orlando
- New Table Service Restaurant Cancellation Policy
- The Jeweled Dragon Acrobats Start to Perform at Ep...
- New General Manager of Portofino Bay Hotel Named
- VIDEOS: Hard Rock Cafe' Demolition
- New Winnie the Pooh Meet-and-Greet at Disneyland
- Hollywood Studios Extends Hours on October 13, 201...
- Old Hard Rock Cafe' - The Demolition Has Begun
- Busch Gardens Looking for Actors for "Iceploration...
- Phase 1 of Disney’s Art of Animation To Open May 3...
- Delayed Opening at The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Downtown Disney Oct. 2011 Update - Pleasure Island...
- SeaWorld Orlando's Major Expansion Semi-Confirmed
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (October 8-14)
- Publix Stores to Offer Discount Tickets to LEGOLAN...
- Downtown Disney Oct. 2011 Update - West Side (1)
- Downtown Disney Oct. 2011 Update - West Side (2)
- Blizzard Beach to Remain Closed Today Due to Rain
- Typhoon Lagoon Closed Due to Inclement Weather
- OOTL: Toy Story Land at Hong Kong Disneyland
- Big Thunder Mountain Rehab Starting on Jan. 9, 201...
- "Dumbo the Flying Elephant" to Close on Jan. 9, 20...
- Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista Update - Oct. 2011...
- LEGOLAND Florida: 2nd Day Ticket & Parking Prices
- Monorail Peach Joins the Transportation Fleet Toda...
- Fantasyland Update - Mermaids and Flying Elephants...
- Interesting Information on the World of Disney Sto...
- Southern Belles... Made Out of LEGOs and More
- The Disney Conservation Fund Helps Chimpanzees
- Special Fantasyland Update From the Contemporary
- Via Napoli to Offer Pizza By the Slice Until Nov. ...
- Manatee Released by SeaWorld's Animal Care Experts...
- Time-Lapse Video of The Fantasyland Expansion
- Festival of the Lion King Temporarily Offers Fastp...
- Free Serengeti Safari Offer for Florida Residents ...
- Epcot Update - Canada, Japan, and More (PART 1)
- Epcot Update - Canada, Japan, and More (PART 2)
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (October 1-7)
- More Photos of the LEGO Ford Explorer Model
- Walt Disney World's Milestones from 1960 Until Tod...
- Islands Of Adventure: Aggro Circus No More (PART 1...
- Islands Of Adventure: Aggro Circus No More (PART 2...
- New Old Town Additions May Include Magnetron
- LEGOLAND Florida's Entrance to Be Fountain-Free?
- ▼ October (93)
- ► 2010 (1183)