Star Wars: Galactic Nights is returning to the Walt Disney World Resort! Held after park hours from 7 p.m.-midnight with a Hollywood-style launch party, Disney's Hollywood Studios welcomes Star Wars fans to celebrate the entire Star Wars Saga on Dec. 16. Among many thrills in store, Guests can expect to enjoy Star Wars entertainment, special photo opportunities, exclusive merchandise and food & beverage, character greetings, a look at the ongoing Star Wars expansion, and more.
In addition to returning favorites like a Hollywood red carpet welcome, encounters with characters like Darth Vader and immersive photo backdrops of locations around the Star Wars galaxy, there are several thrilling new offerings for Guests to explore.
Event offerings include:
- Star Wars Entertainment - Both Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks and the Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away stage show will be enhanced with special saga elements.
- Sneak Peeks at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge - The Epic Theater will play host to a special one-night-only panel discussion about Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the 14-acre Star Wars expansion that’s set to open in 2019 at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Special Photo Ops - Throughout the park, Guests can step into immersive and iconic scenes from their favorite Star Wars films in a series of incredibly detailed photo locations, including new backdrops inspired by Star Wars Rebels and other scenes from the saga.
- Character Encounters - Be on the lookout for Star Wars characters like Ewoks, AWR Troopers and roaming droids; Jedi Knights teaching younglings in Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple; rocketing to the stars aboard Star Tours – The Adventures Continue; and more.
- Exclusive F&B and Merchandise - Even more specialty Star Wars-themed food and beverage and merchandise will be available.
- Enjoy park attractions - Select attractions will be open to all guests. At embarkation points to Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, Guests may come face-to-face with Stormtroopers on the lookout for a Rebel spy.
Also new for this event, several premium offerings will be available to add on to the Star Wars Galactic Nights experience. Intergalactic foodies can nosh on Star Wars-inspired food and beverage with a Galactic Tasting Sampler, and intrepid, Force-sensitive Younglings can explore their abilities with a Jedi Recruitment package.
Tickets are priced at $129 adults, $124 ages 3-9, with discounts available for Annual Passholders & DVC Members. Guests are able to book now for this out-of-the-galaxy event by calling 407-W-DISNEY or visiting DisneyWorld.com.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Will this event be recurring?
Yes. This is the second Star Wars: Galactic Nights event for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and it is planned to return again.
What time can I enter the park with my event ticket?
Event Guests can enter the park with their event ticket beginning at 5 p.m. Guests can link their event tickets in My Disney Experience in advance of the Star Wars: Galactic Nights for updates and more.
What Star Wars celebrities can I expect to see at the event?
We look forward to sharing more about the entertainment offerings closer to the event.
Does my event ticket entitle me to any complimentary merchandise?
No, but as a part of your admission to Star Wars: Galactic Nights, you will have access to exclusive event merchandise available to purchase.
What are the costs for the premium experiences?
The Galactic Tasting Sampler, which gives Guests a credential with pull-off tabs to exchange for Star Wars-inspired treats, will be $30, plus tax. The Jedi Recruitment package is $149.95 and includes a reserved spot in the Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple, a Jedi robe, a lightsaber, a limited-edition Star Wars t-shirt and a photo with Jedi Master. To book either of these experiences, Guests should call 407-WDW-PLAY (407-939-7529).
Can I wear a Star Wars costume to this event?
Yes. Guests are invited to dress in costume for this event, but will be expected to follow the special event guidelines. As a reminder, those guidelines are as follows:
- Guests who dress like Disney or Star Wars characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon. This includes any Star Wars type guns or blasters. Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
- Guests may carry toy swords and/or lightsabers.
For Guests 13 and under:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
For Guests 14 and older:
- Layered costumes/costume props that surround the entire body, are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground (e.g. full-length Jedi robes).
IMAGE: © 2017 Walt Disney World Resort. All Rights Reserved.