Operational updates will be continually made as the weekend progresses.
- Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground is closed now through Sunday. This includes all Thursday and Friday performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue and Mickey's Backyard BBQ.
- Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park and the Learn to Surf experience at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park will be closed Thursday. Both Water Parks will be closed Friday.
- Spirit of Aloha at Disney's Polynesian Village will be cancelled Thursday and Friday evenings.
- Select spa locations, including La Vida Health Club at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Senses - A Disney Spa at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, and Ship Shape Massage, Salon and Fitness at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, will be closed beginning Thursday at 12 p.m. through Saturday evening.
- Characters in Flight at Disney Springs is closed now through Sunday.
- The Baseball Canada game scheduled for Thursday at 1 p.m. at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex has been rescheduled for 10 a.m. the same day.
- Select weekend events at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex have been canceled, including the 2016 Disney Cross Country Classic and Baseball Canada’s Friday and Saturday games/practices.
As of 9:30 tonight - Mickey's Not-So-Scary halloween Party is also canceled for tomorrow, October 6th.
As of today, Thursday, @ 9 am, Sea World is closing today at 2 pm. Universal is still operating with regular hours. No news on Horror Nights yet.
Do you think we'll be ok flying down Sunday night? I saw on one of the forums someone said that the parks may not be open by next Monday, which is our Halloween Party day. But the parks were open the day after Charlie in 2004? Regardless, stay safe everyone!
Are they doing anything in terms or reimbursement or refunds for those events/dinners people signed up for but are now canceled?
The last I heard they were cancelling without any penalties and doing refunds. Yesterday there was a 2 hour wait to speak to an agent at Disney. If you have a travel agent, you might want to call them, as they have more than one thing to do on the phone and can justify the wait.
Yes, Sunday you will be fine. The storm will be out of here by Late Friday night. Saturday and Sunday will be beautiful weather. Possibility of the storm coming back for a second hit, but as a tropical storm, towards South Florida, and not until Wed/Thurs next week.
Universal is closing all parks today at 5 pm. No Horror Nights or City Walk tonight.
I was on the phone for 3 hours yesterday. They refunded all of our money and our not so scary party tickets. They were very accommodating but you need to be patient and realize these people are doing their very best while also thinking about their families, homes etc. because they live there. Stay safe Florida and a BIG THANK YOU to Disney!
The news just said they were closing Disney at 5pm today. If you can I would reschedule and not go anywhere near Disney this weekend. This is a CAT 4 hurricane this is no joke.
Again, the storm will be out of here by Late Friday night. Yes, the parks will be busy, but that's because of Columbus Day. Also. Anybody in town that planned to go to the parks today and tomorrow will have to schedule for Sat and Sun instead, so, yes, they will be busy but the storm will be gone
The storm will be gone, along with The Electrical Sreet Parade......
All has passed, Orlando will be fine in the morning. They just lifted our curfew. Some businesses will be reopening this evening. It's going to be a beautiful weekend here in Orlando!