- Each capsule weights three metric tons (6,600 pounds) or as much as an Indian elephant
- All 30 capsules will have seating, air-conditioning, lighting and audio effects and interactive tablets to enhance the guest experience
- Up to 450 guests can take in the 360-degree views at one time on the Eye, which include nearby theme parks, attractions, lakes, lush landscape, downtown Orlando and much more
- Once the structure is complete, the Orlando Eye will be 400 feet tall and weigh approximately three million pounds, making it the tallest observation wheel on the U.S. East Coast
- Each capsule has 10 panes of glass, weighing almost 1,300 pounds
This looks like it's going to be very similar to the Sky Wheel in Myrtle Beach SC. The capsules look almost identical.
Just looking at the scale of the gondolas next to those workers I don't think 30 is a realistic number.
Yeah it's 15 people per capsule. 450 people total divided by 30 capsules = 15 people per capsule. ;-)
Skyride at Alton Towers does use the same Poma gondola design, but they hold 10 people, not 15, so they're a little smaller.