With the new season comes a new menu full of variety and delectable choices. The resort chefs have created a new, themed menu to enhance the Port Orleans Resort storyline that is sure to satisfy Guests looking for some southern cuisine. Join the folks down on the Sassagoula River at Boatwright’s Dining Hall who are taking a recess from building the riverboat nightly to serve southern eats from 5-10 p.m. The restaurant is located at Port Orleans Resort - Riverside.
Here are some new items that you should try out during your next visit:
- Amelia's Salad: spinach salad with seasonal ingredients with house-made vinaigrette
- Crescent City Gumbo: chicken and Andouille gumbo, slow-cooked in a Cajun-spiced broth
- Plantation Salad: romaine, Parmigiano-Reggiano croutons and prosciutto with house dressing
- Ol' Man Island Oysters: lightly fried oysters with house-made remoulade and watercress salad
- Colonel's Peace's Crawfish Pieces: crispy crawfish bites, served with house-made remoulade
- The Big Easy: grilled New York strip with brandy-peppercorn sauce with Yukon gold potatoes, arugula and balsamic dressing
- General Fulton's Prime Rib: carefully seasoned and slow roasted, served with horseradish mashed potatoes, seasonal vegetables and red wine demi-glace
- Jackson Square Etouffee: crawfish simmered in a rich seafood sauce over rice
- The Louisiana Lugger: sweet tea-brined pork chop with sweet potato hash and citrus-whiskey glaze
- Sassagoula Short Ribs: slow cooked, boneless beef short ribs with cheesy grits and red wine
- Gulf Delta Chilled Shellfish: tender seasonal shrimp and crawfish with pickled vegetables and Bloody Mary cocktail sauce
- Red Velvet Cheesecake: with bourbon-vanilla cream
Sounds good, doesn't it? We'll be visiting the Port Orleans Resort very soon to check out this new menu.