Harambe Nights, a new hard-ticket event taking place throughout this summer at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, officially started being offered from today (Saturday, June 7, 2014). During this event you will be able to celebrate world-class theatrical entertainment alongside a sophisticated culinary experience, as you immerse yourself in the story of The Lion King like never before. This article includes all you need to know to prepare for this special event.
An All-Inclusive Feast for the Senses
Voyage into Harambe Village for a roaring summer celebration featuring the grandest tales and taste of Africa. Every Saturday, from June 7 to August 9, 2014, pay tribute to the 20th anniversary of Disney's The Lion King at an all-inclusive extravaganza inside Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
The excitement kicks off with a warm welcome reception before moving into Harambe Theater for a private performance of the all-new show The Lion King: Concert in the Wild—complete with a special celebrity narrator and a live orchestra!
Then, once the show comes to a close, you’re invited to hit the streets for an exotic party where you can explore all sorts of sizzling seasonal fare, magical merchandise offerings and a series of Character appearances and artist signings. Be sure to stick around as the night draws to a conclusion too and receive a fond farewell you won’t soon forget
The Lion King: Concert in the Wild
Surround yourself in the Savannah setting of the Harambe Theater as you experience The Lion King like never before! Marvel at the sights and sounds as iconic scenes from the film are recreated with splendid theatricality, all while a celebrity narrator and a live orchestra provide the soundtrack for a never-before-seen take on The Lion King tale. Celebrity narrators currently scheduled to appear include:
- Viola Davis – June 7, 2014
- Avery Brooks – June 14, 2014
- Montego Glover – June 21, 2014
- David Alan Grier – June 28, 2014
- Michael Beach – July 5, 2014
- Harry Lennix – July 12, 2014
- Joe Morton – July 19, 2014
- Alfre Woodard – July 26, 2014
- Brian Stokes Mitchell – August 2, 2014
- Patina Miller – August 9, 2014
IMPORTANT NOTE! - Entertainment and celebrity narrators are subject to change.
Food and Drinks
- Durban spiced chicken tenders
- Moroccan beef kefta with tamarind glaze
- Safari cheeseburger roll with tomato curry aioli
- Pickled fennel paneer cheese with tomato
- “Lion Chow” – Sea salted pretzel chips, benne crumbles, cardamom candied pecans, golden raisins, dried cherries and candied ginger
- Watercress, melon, feta and berry balsamic onion salad
- Kachumbari salad with tomato, paneer, carrot and cilantro
- Roasted beetroot salad with sunflower seeds
- Spicy vegetable samosa with mango chutney
- Slow-roasted chicken legs
- Traditional naan, onion kucha and pappadum breads
- Roasted pepper hummus, raita and garlic-ginger pickle
- Creamy mac ‘n cheese
- Line-caught corvina filet with goan curry sauce
- On-stage-seared lamb chops with tamarind pomegranate sauce
- Mango, radish, lime and mustard seed salad
- Watermelon, cucumber and fennel salad
- Coriander chutney roasted potatoes
- Fork-tender peri barbecued pork
- Vegetarian eggplant tikka masala curry served over creamy goat cheese pap
- Butter chicken thighs and vegetarian legume wat served over basmati rice
- Golden pineapple with toasted coconut
- Apple slices with Amarula caramel sauce
- Ripe melon with minted lime yogurt dip
- Rice pudding, dried fruit compote and pistachio gremolata
- Caramel salted Tanzania chocolate Kenya coffee bite
- Chai cream with zebra stripes
- Novelty ice cream bars
- Spice Route Chenin Blanc
- Fairview Goats do Roam Viognier Blend
- The WolfTrap Syrah blend
- Fairview Pinotage
- Tusker Lager
- St. George Ethopian
- Bud Light
- Jungle Juice (Passion fruit, orange and guava juices mixed with rum)
- Simba juice mix (non-alcoholic)
Harambe Street Party
Move to the beat as you head out for fun, food, merchandise and more at the Harambe Street Party. As the celebration continues, dance alongside excited townspeople as a favorite local band fills the night air with non-stop Afro-pop rhythms. Then, take your pick from a festive array of event happenings.
From an assortment of all-inclusive food and beverages—including mouthwatering and sweet tastes, and African beers and wines; to special appearances and signings with select Disney Design Group artists; to magical meetings with Disney Characters showing off their wild sides, countless encounters await your arrival!
Plus, don’t miss your chance to purchase merchandise you won’t find elsewhere:
- A limited-release case for iPhone 4 and 5 featuring imagery from Disney’s The Lion King, designed by Disney Design Group artist Randy Noble
- Disney’s The Lion King 20th anniversary puzzle
- Exclusive event items like apparel, art, collectibles and so much more!
IMPORTANT NOTE! - Entertainment, merchandise and event details are subject to change.
General Admission Tickets
Reserve your place in the circle of life! Purchase general seating admission to Harambe Nights: $119.00 for adults; $79.00 for children (tax not included).
Premium Admission Tickets - Premium Seating is Sold Out for all dates.
Get up close to the sights and sounds with premium seating admission to Harambe Nights: $134.00 for adults; $94.00 for children (tax not included). The premium seating will be located on the floor of Harambe Theatre.
|2014 EVENT DATES||PREMIUM ADMISSION||GENERAL ADMISSION|
|June 7||Sold Out||Sold Out|
|June 14||Sold Out||Sold Out|
|June 21||Sold Out||Sold Out|
|June 28||Sold Out||Sold Out|
|July 5||Sold Out||Sold Out|
|July 12||Sold Out||Past (not sold out)|
|July 19||Sold Out||Sold Out|
|July 26||Sold Out||Sold Out|
|August 2||Sold Out||Sold Out|
|August 9||Sold Out||Sold Out|
Know Before You Go
- A separate ticket is required to enter and participate in Harambe Nights.
- Theme park admission is included for the special event only. All attractions, entertainment and other offerings outside of the designated event area will not be available.
- If Guests wish to enjoy Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park prior to the event, additional theme park admission will be required.
- Advance reservations are highly recommended.
- Tickets purchased prior to the date of the event will be mailed in advance. If you do not receive your tickets in time, you can pick them up at the ticket windows near the Main Entrance of Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
- Entry to Harambe Nights begins at 7:00 p.m. with a welcome reception. Please plan on arriving at least 45 minutes prior to the start of the event to ensure you have time to park and enter Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park.
- A wristband is required to enter the special event. To retrieve your wristband, please show your event ticket at the Main Entrance. If you are already inside the park prior to the start of the event, you can show your ticket to a Cast Member at the entrance of Harambe Village instead to receive your wristband.
- Parking is complimentary during the event only, beginning at 4:00 p.m.
- For more information on Harambe Nights - including booking a reservation - please call (407) 939-1319. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
If you have already bought (or if you are planning to buy) a ticket for this event, we hope you will find this article informative. if you have any other questions about this or other special events, feel free to contact us.