Welcome to ORLANDO THEME PARK NEWS!
Here you will find News, Rumors and Picture-updates from all Orlando's Theme Parks on a daily basis. We currently support any browser: Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, and Safari. For additional information on our site, click here.
LEGOLAND Florida is not denying the fact that a new themed area will open later this year. After all, the current park maps all feature a quite big note that states: "NEW LAND OPENING 2013." In addition to that, the park's official Twitter page has been giving out hints regarding a possible announcement that should be coming very, very soon. That being said, the theme of this new area is still unknown, or at least until now.
Many sites speculated about the possibility of a new Splash Battle-type ride that was to be themed after pirates, but then things changed. LEGOLAND Florida's General Manager denied the fact that a pirates-themed land was considered for the park (he said that he knew nothing about that, even though permits for this expansion had been filed a few weeks before...). At this point, other fan sites thought that the new area might be themed after one of the newest LEGO themes, "Legends of Chima." That sounds very credible, especially since the park's new 4D movie (also centered around the new "Legends of Chima" series) has not been announced yet, so we personally thought they were just waiting to make an announcement that would encompass both additions (the new movie and the new area), since they would share the same theme.
Today, while visiting the park for the first time after a couple of months, we saw something that almost confirms the fact that LEGOLAND Florida's new themed area will actually be themed after... pirates. This means that the original speculation may have been the correct answer to our questions. Why? Let's take a look:
While riding The Dragon Coaster, we noticed this themed flag attached outside the modular building located right next to the expansion plot (probably a temporary office space to supervise the work being done):
As you can see, it is clearly a pirates' flag (sorry for the blurriness of some photos, but we were riding a coaster):
While we are talking about this expansion project, here you are some aerial views of this section of the park:
A few more, from the Island in the Sky:
Finally, this photo shows how the park is referring the new themed area on the current park map:
After having seen these photos, what do you think? Is LEGOLAND obviously hinting at what's coming, or is the park just trying to lead us in the wrong direction? Share your comments with us! Oh, one more thing: we will post a complete LEGOLAND Florida photo-report in the next few days, so remember to stay tuned!
Please, Support Our Sponsors
Having to cover all the Theme Parks and Attractions in the Central Florida area is not an easy task. You can be sure that your donations will help us to continue to bring you all the latest news, rumors, and photo-updates as we have always done in the past.
- Magic Kingdom Hours Extended Until 10 p.m. Tonight...
- Fun Spot's Expansion: SkyCoaster Installation Vide...
- Guest Post: CityWalk Orlando's Restaurant Overview...
- Magic Kingdom Update: February 2013 (PART 1)
- Magic Kingdom Update: February 2013 (PART 2)
- Magic Kingdom Update: February 2013 (PART 3)
- Animal Kingdom: "Burudika" Show Times Change
- Cabana Bay Resort Starts Accepting Reservations
- New Operating Hours for the Cirque du Soleil Bouti...
- Fantasyland News: Seven Dwarfs & Tangled (PART 1)
- Fantasyland News: Seven Dwarfs & Tangled (PART 2)
- Fantasyland News: Seven Dwarfs & Tangled (PART 3)
- Flower & Garden Festival in 2013: Fun Facts
- Fun Spot America Update: SkyCoaster News & More
- Steam Room Refurbishment at the Grand Floridian
- LEGOLAND's 2013 Expansion: Back to Pirates?
- Disney's Hollywood Studios: Private Events, Closur...
- the Disney Look... to the Past! (February 22-28)
- 2013 Flower & Garden Festival: Marketplace Menus
- KSC Unveils Opening Date for Atlantis' New Exhibit...
- FastPass+ Test at "Be Our Guest" Restaurant
- VIDEO: A Preview of Big Thunder Mountain's Queue
- Animal Kingdom: More Character M&G Changes
- SeaWorld Orlando Releases Loggerhead Turtle
- Aquatica Offering $5.00 Tickets to Florida Residen...
- Busch Gardens Update - February 2013 (PART 1)
- Busch Gardens Update - February 2013 (PART 2)
- Busch Gardens Update - February 2013 (PART 3)
- Busch Gardens Update - February 2013 (PART 4)
- New Big Thunder Mountain Queue Info Coming Soon
- LEGOLAND Florida to Make Big Announcement Soon
- Animal Kingdom: New Indoor M&G to Open Soon
- When Pirates Stop Singing in the Caribbean Sea...
- Kennedy Space Center: SpaceX Falcon 9 Launch
- SeaWorld's Antarctica Officially Opens May 24, 201...
- Caribbean Beach/Treehouse Villas: Wi-Fi & TV Outag...
- Fun Spot America's Expansion Update: Feb. 2013
- Next-Gen Entry Available at Disney's Typhoon Lagoo...
- Groupon Deal of the Day: Discount at Ripley's
- Temporary Parade Route Change at Magic Kingdom
- A Look Around the International Drive Area (PART 1...
- A Look Around the International Drive Area (PART 2...
- Splitsville's Operating Hours Change - February 20...
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (February 15-21)
- Magic Kingdom: Park Hours Extended Next Week
- New "Land of Oz" Playground Opens at Epcot
- AVATAR Land Construction Expected to Start Soon
- Enter Sweepstakes to Win LEGOLAND Passes!
- Typhoon Lagoon Closed Feb. 16 & 17 Due to Weather
- Refurbished Disney Junior – Live on Stage! Opens
- LEGOLAND Florida Introduces PICK-A-DATE Tickets
- Quick Updates: Magic Kingdom News (Feb. 14, 2013)
- 20th Epcot Flower & Garden Festival: All the Info
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (February 8-14)
- WDW: Sherberth Road Construction on February 14
- “Madagascar Live!” Coming to Busch Gardens Tampa
- WDW: Nighttime Roadwork on Buena Vista Drive
- Kennedy Space Center: Angry Birds, Atlantis in 201...
- Muppet*Vision 3D's Opening Delayed Tomorrow
- SeaWorld Releases Rescued Manatee to the Wild
- WDW: New Merchandise Guest Services Contact Info
- I-Drive Live Project Update: February 2013
- Joffrey's Coffee to Replace Nescafe at WDW & DLR
- SeaWorld's Bands, Brew, & BBQ Concerts (2013)
- DTD: Marketplace Bus Station Closed Until Feb. 24
- Universal Studios Update: Behind the Walls (PART 1...
- Universal Studios Update: Behind the Walls (PART 2...
- Universal Studios Update: Behind the Walls (PART 3...
- Universal Studios Update: Behind the Walls (PART 4...
- Universal Studios Update: Behind the Walls (PART 5...
- Universal Studios Update: Behind the Walls (PART 6...
- Typhoon Lagoon Closed Feb. 4 Due to Cool Weather
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (February 1-7)
- Spend $50, Get $10 at Universal Orlando's Shops
- New Look for Walt Disney World's Buses This Year
- Magic Kingdom Park Hours Extended Today (Feb. 2)
- Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin - Fifth Webisode...
- New Radio-Frequency Tickets Now Available at WDW
- ▼ February (78)
- ► 2012 (1062)
- ► 2011 (1254)
- ► 2010 (1183)