As previously announced, the Star Wars Galactic Nights event will be held at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on April 14. This sold-out, hard ticket event celebrates 40 years of the "Greatest Saga Ever Told" from 7 p.m. – 12 a.m. (the party actually begins with an early mix-in for event Guests at 5 p.m.). With special appearances by saga celebrities, Star Wars characters, a scavenger hunt, and much more, Star Wars Galactic Nights will be sure to delight fans of all ages from all around the galaxy.
Event Guests can pick up their credentials at the park entrance, Muppets Courtyard, near the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular entrance, the Hollywood Hills marquee, and Ticket Central after 7:45 p.m.
Special event offerings during Star Wars Galactic Nights
From meeting friendly Ewoks to chatting with Star Wars celebrities, tasting lightsaber churros and Skywalker Wines, and finding limited-edition event merchandise, there is something for every human, droid, and womp rat! Here's a list of some of of the offerings that will be available exclusively for Star Wars Galactic Nights:
- Seize the Saga Interactive Scavenger Hunt –Event Guests are challenged to find eight clues in the form of puzzle pieces, one for each Star Wars film, at the party’s various photo stops. Each piece can be affixed to the back of the event lanyard. Once all eight pieces are in place, a surprise will be revealed.
- Rebel Base Activities - The Rebel Base will serve as the event hub with multiple events, hosted shows and more taking place in the center of the park. The Rebel Base is our Guest’s stop to see “Celebrate the Saga,” a 40-year history of Star Wars that features rarely seen imagery; join in on Star Wars dance parties and more.
- “Inside the Saga: Celebrity Chat Show” – Guests can catch a celebrity chat show in Epic Theater to learn more about the making of Star Wars films.
- Star Wars photo ops – Guests can don their Star Wars finest and enjoy iconic Star Wars backdrops, including Han Solo cast in Carbonite, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace, the Hoth Wampa Cave and more.
- Galactic Nights Stars in Cars Motorcade – This procession will welcome in Star Wars celebrities down Hollywood Blvd.
- Imperial March & March of the First Order – Darth Vader will lead a battalion of Stormtroopers on a dramatic march down Hollywood Blvd to the Event Stage. Captain Phasma will also lead a unit of First Order Stormtroopers through the park, pausing to give a demonstration of power and strength.
- Special attraction additions – Path of the Jedi and Meet the Makers will have a special video greeting prior to the shows. Other attractions around the park may also be enhanced…
- Specialty Food & beverage – Find Star Wars-themed treats all over the park! Specialty items include the Lightsaber Churro; cupcakes featuring Darth Vader, R2-D2 and BB-8; a selection of adult beverages and a selection of wines from Skywalker Wine.
- Event-exclusive merchandise – Fans can pick up a variety of exclusive merchandise including event logo shirts, tumblers and more. At Studio 1, those items will be available for pre-sale to event Guests only until 7 p.m.
- Star Wars character encounters – While BB-8 makes his debut at the event, several other Star Wars characters will be flying in to encounter Guests, including Imperial Troopers, Boba Fett, Ewoks and Darth Vader.
- “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away” – Guest are able to watch high-energy clips of the best moments from the film saga juxtaposed with character moments on stage, featuring Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and more.
- “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” – The skies will come alive with the power of the Force, as the park’s popular Star Wars-themed nighttime spectacular lights up the night. And before the fireworks begin, Guests will become the stars during the “Galactic Nights Epilogue,” featuring photos from the event hashtag #GalacticNights.
Special event costume guidelines
Guests are invited to dress in costume for this event, but will be expected to follow these event guidelines:
- Guests who dress like Disney or Star Wars characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
- Costumes may not contain any weapons that resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon. This includes any Star Wars type guns or blasters (Guests may carry toy swords and/or lightsabers). Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects, or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
GUESTS AGES 13 AND UNDER:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
GUESTS AGES 14 AND OLDER:
- Layered costumes/costume props that surround the entire body, are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground (e.g. full-length Princess dresses).
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Headwear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face; masks of any kind are not allowed.
LOGO: © 2017 Walt Disney World Resort. All Rights Reserved.