Based on recent forecasts for Hurricane Matthew, multiple theme parks, water parks, and attractions around Central Florida closed earlier than usual today and will remain closed through Friday, October 7. Disney's theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs, miniature golf courses, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Universal's theme parks, CityWalk, Wet 'n Wild, SeaWorld, Aquatica, Discovery Cove, LEGOLAND Florida, and the Orlando Eye will remain closed tomorrow.
ADDITIONAL THEME PARKS, WATER PARKS, AND RESORT CLOSURES:
- Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground is closed. This includes all Thursday and Friday performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue and Mickey's Backyard BBQ.
- Spirit of Aloha dinner shows at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort will be cancelled Thursday and Friday evenings.
- Select spa locations, including La Vida Health Club at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, Senses - A Disney Spa at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and at Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, and Ship Shape Massage, Salon and Fitness at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, will be closed beginning Thursday at 12 p.m. through Saturday evening.
ENTERTAINMENT AND OTHER OFFERINGS:
- Characters in Flight is closed now through Sunday.
- Select weekend events at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex have been canceled, including the 2016 Disney Cross Country Classic and Baseball Canada’s Friday and Saturday games/practices.
TRANSPORTATION CHANGES AND ADVISORIES:
- Alamo Rent A Car will remain closed through Friday.
- LYNX bus service is not expected to operate on Friday, Oct. 7.
For hurricane prepardness information, be sure to visit FloridaDisaster.org.