This summer, thrill seekers and families can enjoy spectacular summer events at both SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica with all-new and returning summer festivities. From June 10 to August 7, SeaWorld will feature Summer of Mako, an all-new event that encourages families to explore, be inspired and take action to protect our one ocean. Whether you would like to meet animal experts or ride Orlando’s newest coaster, "Summer of Mako" has something for everyone.
Here's a list of special activities and offerings that SeaWorld Orlando Guests will be able to enjoy:
1) Mako – SeaWorld Orlando is upping the thrills this summer. Mako will be the tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster in Orlando. 200 feet high, 73 mph and a track that’s nearly a mile long. Mako is a hypercoaster, which means it’s all about speed, tight turns and that weightless feeling you get at the top of each hill. Its design and engineering was inspired by the real mako shark – one of the ocean’s fastest shark species. Mako’s two-acre surrounding realm will be fully themed to sharks, inspiring guests to learn about and care for this mysterious species which needs our help to survive.
2) Shark Touch Pool – Guests who have ever dreamed of touching a shark will have the opportunity to do so this summer at SeaWorld Orlando. The Relaxation Station located near Wild Artic will be home to a brand-new educational experience where guests will have the chance to learn about and interact with brownbanded bamboo sharks, whitespotted bamboo sharks and epaulette sharks.
3) Interactive Games – Join the frenzy as you race around SeaWorld Orlando to find some of the tallest, fastest and longest creatures that call our oceans home. Guests up for the Mako Challenge can make a difference by participating in a park wide text message-based scavenger hunt. Those who complete the Mako Challenge will have $1 donated to the SeaWorld Busch Gardens Conservation Fund on their behalf, benefiting a variety of conservation projects all over the world.
4) Animal Experiences – Throughout the park, even more animal ambassadors, educators and animal experts are stationed to share information and stories about the animals in our care and provide up-close meet and greets, scheduled feedings and fun surprises. Park guests can pick-up a Summer of Mako guide and park map for specific times and locations.
5) Mako Treats and Exclusive Summer Offers – Summer of Mako will offer several limited time in-park specials and culinary offerings including a honey vanilla mako shark cookie; a SeaWorld exclusive Coca-Cola Freestyle mix, Mako Blast; a specialty alcoholic beverage only available at Shark’s Underwater Grill; and Mako American Red Ale, a SeaWorld exclusive brew available in several locations around SeaWorld.
6) Shamu’s Celebration: Light Up The Night – Beginning June 18, experience this returning fan-favorite, a high-energy show featuring original music, amazing production elements and SeaWorld’s majestic killer whales. Shamu Stadium will transform with stylistic lighting and colorful backdrops to create a social and celebratory atmosphere ending with a fireworks finale spectacle.
7) Block Party – When the sun goes down, the fun starts up with a nightly Block Party along SeaWorld’s Waterfront. Celebrate summer and dance the night away with high energy music and street entertainment that is sure to provide non-stop fun for all ages.
8) Evening Coaster Thrills – SeaWorld’s coasters are a whole different experience when the sun goes down. Guests can experience Mako, Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster, Kraken, a floorless coaster with seven inversions, and Manta, a facedown, headfirst coaster where riders fly like a manta ray.
Additionally, beginning July 8, Aquatica heats things up with Island Nights presented by Coca-Cola – an evening celebration of summer, taking place every night through August 6. Guests can enjoy a special Island Nights soundtrack, extended park hours, a daily happy hour from 5-7 p.m., an evening menu sizzlin’ with flavor at Waterstone Grill and evening kick-off parties with a DJ and dancers on Friday and Saturday nights. Event included with park admission to Aquatica.
BEST WAY TO PLAY:
Guests can enjoy Summer of Mako and Island Nights for just $99 with the purchase of a single-day admission to both SeaWorld and Aquatica. Florida residents can purchase an Annual Pass to SeaWorld and Aquatica with EZpay for only $16/month.
SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando offers a wide variety of hotel and vacation packages that are perfect for a weekend getaway with the entire family. Packages include free admission to Aquatica and waves of other benefits including in-park discounts, signature show seating, and a fifth hotel night free. Guests can choose from several options including “Eat Free” providing one day of All-Day-Dining at SeaWorld and Aquatica for the whole family, and “Kids Free” offering up to two free child’s admissions to SeaWorld and Aquatica. To book, visit SeaWorldGetaways.com.
New this year, families can consider a one-of-a kind vacation experience where they can swim with bottlenose dolphins, feed tropical birds, play inches from a family of otters, and experience an underwater walking tour of a coral reef with a Discovery Cove hotel package. Guests can plan a perfect trip that will include unlimited admission to SeaWorld Orlando and Aquatica for the length of their stay (up to 14 days). To book, visit DiscoveryCoveVacations.com.
For more information, park hours, and to purchase tickets, be sure to visit SeaWorldOrlando.com.
PHOTOS: © 2016 SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment, Inc. All Rights Reserved.