As part of these efforts to keep Central Florida's attractions as safe as possible, some very important security changes were introduced at the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld Orlando, and the Walt Disney World Resort on December 17.
- The presence of uniformed local law enforcement has been increased;
- Specially trained “vapor wake” dogs now patrol key areas;
- In addition to the screening processes already in place at the entrances to the theme parks (the bag checks), Guests will be randomly selected for a secondary screening using a metal detector.
- The sale of toy guns has been discontinued at the Walt Disney World Resort. These items are no longer permitted to be brought into the four Disney theme parks. This helps ensure that a toy gun does not cause a distraction or confusion for Cast Members and security personnel in the parks.
- The Walt Disney World Resort has also adjusted the policy on costumes. Guests ages 14 years and older are no longer permitted to wear costumes into the theme parks.
I'm a bit concerned that "Guests will be randomly selected for a secondary screening using a metal detector".
What is the chance of someone taking something in actually being selected to be screened !!?
It has happened. I remember hearing about a child finding a gun on Big Thunder Railroad after the owner accidently dropped it from his pocket. The owner was found and dealt with. Disney tends to check baggage and not the person. With today's terrorist fears, I would be more than happy to have more security.
It is abit weird that bags get checked but other guests just walk past unchecked I had in a past a bum bag(fanny pack) around my waist which only had suntan lotion in and my wallet. Now other guests could have drugs or even a small gun. Just had a funny idea imagme that they even removed the guns from the shows&rides as well.
Resistance Futile, Become desensitized to a police state, Freedom is not good, Obey.
You walk into this room at your own risk, because it leads to the future, not a future that will be but one that might be. This is not a new world, it is simply an extension of what began in the old one. It has patterned itself after every dictator who has ever planted the ripping imprint of a boot on the pages of history since the beginning of time. It has refinements, technological advances, and a more sophisticated approach to the destruction of human freedom. But like every one of the super-states that preceded it, it has one iron rule: logic is an enemy and truth is a menace. - Rod Serling
(Note not making a a comment about any person or political just trying to make a statement about what is going on and this a part of)