As you may have heard, the narration seems to be almost exactly the same, but the person's voice is different. We have heard multiple comments from some our followers on YouTube, and we have to say that we are surprised to see such different responses. Some like it, some hate it, but it looks like there's no general consensus on the subject... Of course, we want to hear your opinion too! Feel free to share your comments!
In addition to that, we will soon also post a video that partially shows the updated narration on the Express monorail (that links the Magic Kingdom park to the Transportation & Ticket Center), so stay tuned!
My view is that most Disney World fans simply dislike change. They want things to stay the same, especially if they started going to Disney as a child. It's easy to mix up childhood happiness and innocence with the magical first experiences of Disney World, and people try to recreate that initial magic in later visits, but of course that's not possible. I suspect that children going their first time now will prefer the way things are now over the way they'll be in the future. It's an endless cycle. I try to embrace the changes and view them as new first experiences. Of course I miss Mr Toad's Wild Ride and Horizons, but I get to keep those memories for a lifetime while still enjoying newer attractions.
So as for the new announcer? Who really cares. Do any of us really need that information presented? We're all experts so just enjoy the monorail ride. ;-)
Personally, taking the monorail feels like taking the bus. I much prefer water transportation. Wish they'd built a series of long canals and connect the other parks as some wish they'd do with the monorail.
Hate it!!! It lacks the energy and enthusiasm of the original Jack Wagner narrations, and those of Kevin Miles, Matt Hanson, and Joe Hursh. No one has been as good as Wagner.
- December (27)
- November (98)
- October (108)
- September (137)
- August (108)
- July (109)
- June (102)
- May (97)
- April (97)
- March (94)
- February (78)
- January (106)
- December (95)
- November (93)
- October (104)
- September (93)
- August (97)
- July (77)
- June (65)
- May (89)
- "It's Tough to Be a Bug" Attraction Has Reopened
- SeaWorld's TurtleTrek - Photos and Videos (PART 1)...
- SeaWorld's TurtleTrek - Photos and Videos (PART 2)...
- FASTPASS+ (or X-Pass) Tests Starting in May 2012
- Busch Gardens Welcomes Mongoose Lemurs Twins
- Animal Kingdom: Extended Hours Tonight Until 8pm
- Universal's Cinematic Spectacular - Photos & Video...
- SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Stop Offering Plastic Bag...
- New "Test Track - Presented by Chevrolet" Renderin...
- New Fantasyland: Disney Reveals More Opening Dates...
- Universal Studios Update: New Despicable Me Poster...
- Universal Studios Update: Despicable Me (PART 2)
- SeaWorld Orlando's TurtleTrek: Now Open
- OTPN Attends TurtleTrek's Grand Opening Today
- The Walt Disney World Resort Has a Lot in Store
- Phineas & Ferb Preparing to Come to Epcot: VIDEO
- Tips on Seeing LEGOLAND Florida in One Single Day
- Islands of Adventure - Quick Park Update (April 2...
- LEGOLAND Florida Continues to Expand Park Hours
- Updated Name: SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue: Last Show Cancelled - April 27...
- New Information on SeaWorld Orlando's "Antarctica"...
- Starbucks Coming to Walt Disney World, Disneyland
- Fantasyland Expansion: A Gloomy Day (PART 1)
- Fantasyland Expansion: A Gloomy Day (PART 2)
- Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: Tests Have Star...
- LEGOLAND Florida Wins Urban Forest Award
- Notice: Areas Around Tree of Life Temporarily Clos...
- Universal Studios Update: Gru's House details (Par...
- Universal Studios Update: Gru's House details (Par...
- Universal Orlando: Nighttime Show, Express News
- Art of Animation Resort: A Few Preview Pictures
- Epcot: The VISION House to Open on April 22, 2012
- Groupon Deal of the Day: Old Town Armband Offer
- Typhoon Lagoon Closed Tomorrow Due to Weather
- Universal's CityWalk: Boardwalk Construction Updat...
- Fantasia Mini Golf Courses Closing Early on April ...
- Kasi the Cheetah Receives His First Check-Up at BG...
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue: Last Show Cancelled - April 20...
- The Orange Bird is Back at the Magic Kingdom Park!...
- Liberty Square Riverboat Rehab (April-May 2012)
- Updated Monorail Narration: Epcot Route's VIDEO
- Universal Orlando's Florida Residents Offers - 201...
- Epcot Update: Morocco Work Completed and More
- LEGOLAND Florida Rumors: What May Be Planned
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (April 13-19)
- "Orlando's Salute to the Seas" - Book Review by OT...
- SeaWorld Orlando: April 2012 Update (PART 1)
- SeaWorld Orlando: April 2012 Update (PART 2)
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay: Viva la Música 2012
- VIDEOS: Casey Jr. Water Features & New Fantasyland...
- Universal Orlando's 2012 Summer Concert Series
- Magic Kingdom Update: Robo-Newz is Back! (Part 1)
- Magic Kingdom Update: Robo-Newz is Back! (Part 2)
- Test Track's Closing Date Revealed & More Surprise...
- SeaWorld Orlando's TurtleTrek Preview - Episode 5
- No Late-Night Mail Pick-Up at WDW on April 17, 201...
- FASTPASS Testing at the Carousel of Progress?
- OT: Discussion Kingdom & Disney Project Closing
- New Info (and Photos) Regarding "Dine with Shamu"
- Work on New I-Drive Live Complex to Start Soon
- Fantasyland Update: Seven Dwarfs at Work (PART 1)
- Fantasyland Update: Seven Dwarfs at Work (PART 2)
- Portofino Bay's Harbor Nights Primavera on April 2...
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (April 6-12)
- OTPN Advisory: Newsletter Delivery Temporarily Off...
- Penguin Encounter at SeaWorld Orlando - TRIBUTE
- Star Wars Weekends 2012: Celebrities and Highlight...
- New Splitsville Bowling Alley Rendering (Early 201...
- Rapunzel's New Meet-and-Greet Changes Location
- LEGOLAND's New Water Park Receives Water
- Disney PhotoPass+ Debuts at Walt Disney World
- Brave's Merida Coming to Magic Kingdom, Disneyland...
- Universal's New Shows: Opening Date Announced
- Downtown Disney Update: Rainforest Rehab (PART 1)
- Downtown Disney Update: Rainforest Rehab (PART 2)
- Disney Hotels - Parking Restrictions (April 2012)
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (March 30-April 5)...
- Epcot Resorts: Possible Noise Intrusion on April 4...
- Epcot Update: Work in Morocco and More (PART 1)
- Epcot Update: Work in Morocco and More (PART 2)
- Fun Spot Attractions: Annual Pass Savings (April 2...
- Refurbished Basin Store Opens at Downtown Disney
- March (83)
- February (81)
- January (102)
- December (100)
- November (97)
- October (93)
- September (98)
- August (115)
- July (100)
- June (100)
- May (92)
- April (107)
- March (120)
- February (111)
- January (121)
- December (112)
- November (102)
- October (105)
- September (112)
- August (121)
- July (112)
- June (115)
- May (105)
- April (98)
- March (71)
- February (65)
- January (65)