Welcome to ORLANDO THEME PARK NEWS!
Let's take a look together at some photos we took. We will also conclude with a video of the entire show:
Yes, that is good to know:
Only a few hours left:
Some were filming from the top of the roof of Soundstage 44:
The sun is almost completely down:
Before the show, some beautiful shapes and patterns appear on the water screens:
It is almost ready to start!:
Here is now the video of the complete nighttime show (don't view it if you don't want to, as it is a huge spoiler):
Now, what do you think about this new show? Some criticize it because they say the show looks like a "cheap version of Disney's World of Color." Others state that this is the best Universal theme park show ever created. What about you? After having seen the photos and the video, what is your opinion about it? Feel free to share your comments with us.
I believe it did what it set out to accomplish. The point of how the segments were edited was to honor the legacy that is the century's worth of films in the Universal library. By choosing to include the most recognized movies as well as some only a few may know of, Universal stays true to their desire to showcase the vast collection of "movie memories" their films exhibit.
This show is indeed leaps and bounds ahead of the previous 360 Cinesphere show. The combination of dancing fountains, the projections on the water screens, fireworks all around you, and Morgan Freeman's wondrous narration truly make this an experience that one must judge in person.
And don't fret those of you who are not as happy about the current show presented in these preview showings. The infrastructure is now in place for Universal Creative to tinker with and come up with even better nighttime shows in the future!
I absolutely agree with you, BJCool! Also, like you said, those who may not like the current show should not worry because everything is already installed (the fountains, water screens, lights, etc...), so Universal may come up with something even better in the near future using those (and possibly other) structures.
I really don't know what to think. i guess my expectations were to high ...
It's not bad, not at all ... But i don't get the chills watching this.
Maybe it's different if you are there in person, but i can't imagine seeing this show multiple times.
I think the fountains bother me the most. Just because 90% of the time they don't give an extra dimension to the show. They are just colored fountains going up and down and up and down.
The thing i loved the most is the music. The soundtracks are great. Also Freemans voice is great.
But still, even if i DON't compare this to any other nighttime show ... it's just missing something to make this show whole.
Robert, thank you for sharing your opinion. I have to agree with you regarding the fountains. While I personally love fountains a lot, I think that, like you said, they don't really add that dynamic energy to the show like I was expecting. We will see what Universal plans to do. Since these are just tests, they may make some adjustments to the show in the next few weeks, who knows...
The music is amazing.. and I got chills when that Universal chime started up! I am very happy to see clips from films like JAWS, Back to the Future and Jurrasic Park.. But what really made me smile was seeing a small scene from Dragonheart(1996)!!! :-D (It's that scene towards the begining when the dragon(Draco) flies up on the screen).
Please, Support Our Sponsors
Having to cover all the Theme Parks and Attractions in the Central Florida area is not an easy task. You can be sure that your donations will help us to continue to bring you all the latest news, rumors, and photo-updates as we have always done in the past.
- "It's Tough to Be a Bug" Attraction Has Reopened
- SeaWorld's TurtleTrek - Photos and Videos (PART 1)...
- SeaWorld's TurtleTrek - Photos and Videos (PART 2)...
- FASTPASS+ (or X-Pass) Tests Starting in May 2012
- Busch Gardens Welcomes Mongoose Lemurs Twins
- Animal Kingdom: Extended Hours Tonight Until 8pm
- Universal's Cinematic Spectacular - Photos & Video...
- SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Stop Offering Plastic Bag...
- New "Test Track - Presented by Chevrolet" Renderin...
- New Fantasyland: Disney Reveals More Opening Dates...
- Universal Studios Update: New Despicable Me Poster...
- Universal Studios Update: Despicable Me (PART 2)
- SeaWorld Orlando's TurtleTrek: Now Open
- OTPN Attends TurtleTrek's Grand Opening Today
- The Walt Disney World Resort Has a Lot in Store
- Phineas & Ferb Preparing to Come to Epcot: VIDEO
- Tips on Seeing LEGOLAND Florida in One Single Day
- Islands of Adventure - Quick Park Update (April 2...
- LEGOLAND Florida Continues to Expand Park Hours
- Updated Name: SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue: Last Show Cancelled - April 27...
- New Information on SeaWorld Orlando's "Antarctica"...
- Starbucks Coming to Walt Disney World, Disneyland
- Fantasyland Expansion: A Gloomy Day (PART 1)
- Fantasyland Expansion: A Gloomy Day (PART 2)
- Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: Tests Have Star...
- LEGOLAND Florida Wins Urban Forest Award
- Notice: Areas Around Tree of Life Temporarily Clos...
- Universal Studios Update: Gru's House details (Par...
- Universal Studios Update: Gru's House details (Par...
- Universal Orlando: Nighttime Show, Express News
- Art of Animation Resort: A Few Preview Pictures
- Epcot: The VISION House to Open on April 22, 2012
- Groupon Deal of the Day: Old Town Armband Offer
- Typhoon Lagoon Closed Tomorrow Due to Weather
- Universal's CityWalk: Boardwalk Construction Updat...
- Fantasia Mini Golf Courses Closing Early on April ...
- Kasi the Cheetah Receives His First Check-Up at BG...
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue: Last Show Cancelled - April 20...
- The Orange Bird is Back at the Magic Kingdom Park!...
- Liberty Square Riverboat Rehab (April-May 2012)
- Updated Monorail Narration: Epcot Route's VIDEO
- Universal Orlando's Florida Residents Offers - 201...
- Epcot Update: Morocco Work Completed and More
- LEGOLAND Florida Rumors: What May Be Planned
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (April 13-19)
- "Orlando's Salute to the Seas" - Book Review by OT...
- SeaWorld Orlando: April 2012 Update (PART 1)
- SeaWorld Orlando: April 2012 Update (PART 2)
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay: Viva la Música 2012
- VIDEOS: Casey Jr. Water Features & New Fantasyland...
- Universal Orlando's 2012 Summer Concert Series
- Magic Kingdom Update: Robo-Newz is Back! (Part 1)
- Magic Kingdom Update: Robo-Newz is Back! (Part 2)
- Test Track's Closing Date Revealed & More Surprise...
- SeaWorld Orlando's TurtleTrek Preview - Episode 5
- No Late-Night Mail Pick-Up at WDW on April 17, 201...
- FASTPASS Testing at the Carousel of Progress?
- OT: Discussion Kingdom & Disney Project Closing
- New Info (and Photos) Regarding "Dine with Shamu"
- Work on New I-Drive Live Complex to Start Soon
- Fantasyland Update: Seven Dwarfs at Work (PART 1)
- Fantasyland Update: Seven Dwarfs at Work (PART 2)
- Portofino Bay's Harbor Nights Primavera on April 2...
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (April 6-12)
- OTPN Advisory: Newsletter Delivery Temporarily Off...
- Penguin Encounter at SeaWorld Orlando - TRIBUTE
- Star Wars Weekends 2012: Celebrities and Highlight...
- New Splitsville Bowling Alley Rendering (Early 201...
- Rapunzel's New Meet-and-Greet Changes Location
- LEGOLAND's New Water Park Receives Water
- Disney PhotoPass+ Debuts at Walt Disney World
- Brave's Merida Coming to Magic Kingdom, Disneyland...
- Universal's New Shows: Opening Date Announced
- Downtown Disney Update: Rainforest Rehab (PART 1)
- Downtown Disney Update: Rainforest Rehab (PART 2)
- Disney Hotels - Parking Restrictions (April 2012)
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (March 30-April 5)...
- Epcot Resorts: Possible Noise Intrusion on April 4...
- Epcot Update: Work in Morocco and More (PART 1)
- Epcot Update: Work in Morocco and More (PART 2)
- Fun Spot Attractions: Annual Pass Savings (April 2...
- Refurbished Basin Store Opens at Downtown Disney
- ▼ April (83)
- ► 2011 (1254)
- ► 2010 (1183)