Welcome to ORLANDO THEME PARK NEWS!
Disney and General Motors have renewed their long-term business relationship with a new multi-year strategic alliance agreement that includes a partnership to develop a re-imagined, design-centric Test Track experience. The current GM Test Track at Epcot will close for refurbishment on April 16, 2012, with an anticipated opening of Test Track Presented by Chevrolet scheduled for fall 2012.
The re-imagined Future World attraction will transform into the sleek “Chevrolet Design Studio at Epcot” with interactive design and styling workstations where Guests will be able to create their own custom concept vehicles. Also included will be a “SimCar” ride vehicle experience where Guests can put their design through its paces on the exhilarating hills, switchbacks and straight-aways of the Test Track circuit. Guests will enjoy a post-show area filled with special effects, be scored on how well their custom concept vehicle did and see the latest Chevrolet vehicles in an all-new state-of-the-art showroom.
While Test Track is closed for refurbishment, Guests may enjoy several unadvertised “surprise and delight” offerings, including the following which begin April 16, 2012:
- The Test Track Allstars, travel-themed A Cappella group will be performing daily in the area near the Test Track pavilion.
- Character Spot, Soarin’ and all attractions, merchandise locations, and food & beverage offerings in The Land will remain open until 10pm.
I think thats good, but Epcot needs another ride to make people go there. I think Journey To The Center of The Earth should go in Epcot
I agree with you, journey to the center of the earth would be a great idea. Maybe they could use one of the future pavilions. There is also the building between Canada and England that is vacant. While the themeing might not fit in perfectly, it would add a great attraction to the park.
Just saw on WDW's site that it will be June 1st. Which one is the correct date?
Please, Support Our Sponsors
Having to cover all the Theme Parks and Attractions in the Central Florida area is not an easy task. You can be sure that your donations will help us to continue to bring you all the latest news, rumors, and photo-updates as we have always done in the past.
- "It's Tough to Be a Bug" Attraction Has Reopened
- SeaWorld's TurtleTrek - Photos and Videos (PART 1)...
- SeaWorld's TurtleTrek - Photos and Videos (PART 2)...
- FASTPASS+ (or X-Pass) Tests Starting in May 2012
- Busch Gardens Welcomes Mongoose Lemurs Twins
- Animal Kingdom: Extended Hours Tonight Until 8pm
- Universal's Cinematic Spectacular - Photos & Video...
- SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Stop Offering Plastic Bag...
- New "Test Track - Presented by Chevrolet" Renderin...
- New Fantasyland: Disney Reveals More Opening Dates...
- Universal Studios Update: New Despicable Me Poster...
- Universal Studios Update: Despicable Me (PART 2)
- SeaWorld Orlando's TurtleTrek: Now Open
- OTPN Attends TurtleTrek's Grand Opening Today
- The Walt Disney World Resort Has a Lot in Store
- Phineas & Ferb Preparing to Come to Epcot: VIDEO
- Tips on Seeing LEGOLAND Florida in One Single Day
- Islands of Adventure - Quick Park Update (April 2...
- LEGOLAND Florida Continues to Expand Park Hours
- Updated Name: SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue: Last Show Cancelled - April 27...
- New Information on SeaWorld Orlando's "Antarctica"...
- Starbucks Coming to Walt Disney World, Disneyland
- Fantasyland Expansion: A Gloomy Day (PART 1)
- Fantasyland Expansion: A Gloomy Day (PART 2)
- Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: Tests Have Star...
- LEGOLAND Florida Wins Urban Forest Award
- Notice: Areas Around Tree of Life Temporarily Clos...
- Universal Studios Update: Gru's House details (Par...
- Universal Studios Update: Gru's House details (Par...
- Universal Orlando: Nighttime Show, Express News
- Art of Animation Resort: A Few Preview Pictures
- Epcot: The VISION House to Open on April 22, 2012
- Groupon Deal of the Day: Old Town Armband Offer
- Typhoon Lagoon Closed Tomorrow Due to Weather
- Universal's CityWalk: Boardwalk Construction Updat...
- Fantasia Mini Golf Courses Closing Early on April ...
- Kasi the Cheetah Receives His First Check-Up at BG...
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue: Last Show Cancelled - April 20...
- The Orange Bird is Back at the Magic Kingdom Park!...
- Liberty Square Riverboat Rehab (April-May 2012)
- Updated Monorail Narration: Epcot Route's VIDEO
- Universal Orlando's Florida Residents Offers - 201...
- Epcot Update: Morocco Work Completed and More
- LEGOLAND Florida Rumors: What May Be Planned
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (April 13-19)
- "Orlando's Salute to the Seas" - Book Review by OT...
- SeaWorld Orlando: April 2012 Update (PART 1)
- SeaWorld Orlando: April 2012 Update (PART 2)
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay: Viva la Música 2012
- VIDEOS: Casey Jr. Water Features & New Fantasyland...
- Universal Orlando's 2012 Summer Concert Series
- Magic Kingdom Update: Robo-Newz is Back! (Part 1)
- Magic Kingdom Update: Robo-Newz is Back! (Part 2)
- Test Track's Closing Date Revealed & More Surprise...
- SeaWorld Orlando's TurtleTrek Preview - Episode 5
- No Late-Night Mail Pick-Up at WDW on April 17, 201...
- FASTPASS Testing at the Carousel of Progress?
- OT: Discussion Kingdom & Disney Project Closing
- New Info (and Photos) Regarding "Dine with Shamu"
- Work on New I-Drive Live Complex to Start Soon
- Fantasyland Update: Seven Dwarfs at Work (PART 1)
- Fantasyland Update: Seven Dwarfs at Work (PART 2)
- Portofino Bay's Harbor Nights Primavera on April 2...
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (April 6-12)
- OTPN Advisory: Newsletter Delivery Temporarily Off...
- Penguin Encounter at SeaWorld Orlando - TRIBUTE
- Star Wars Weekends 2012: Celebrities and Highlight...
- New Splitsville Bowling Alley Rendering (Early 201...
- Rapunzel's New Meet-and-Greet Changes Location
- LEGOLAND's New Water Park Receives Water
- Disney PhotoPass+ Debuts at Walt Disney World
- Brave's Merida Coming to Magic Kingdom, Disneyland...
- Universal's New Shows: Opening Date Announced
- Downtown Disney Update: Rainforest Rehab (PART 1)
- Downtown Disney Update: Rainforest Rehab (PART 2)
- Disney Hotels - Parking Restrictions (April 2012)
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (March 30-April 5)...
- Epcot Resorts: Possible Noise Intrusion on April 4...
- Epcot Update: Work in Morocco and More (PART 1)
- Epcot Update: Work in Morocco and More (PART 2)
- Fun Spot Attractions: Annual Pass Savings (April 2...
- Refurbished Basin Store Opens at Downtown Disney
- ▼ April (83)
- ► 2011 (1254)
- ► 2010 (1183)