Welcome to ORLANDO THEME PARK NEWS!
Let's continue our journey through the eyes of a sea turtle:
The show itself is great. The video we took doesn't do any justice to the beautiful 3-D projections (but that is why you have to go and see it yourself at the park!). You are completely immersed (no pun intended) in the story, and action is taking place all around you, meaning that you may have to visit the ride again and again to catch all the particulars. In addition to that, the music that accompanies the images is absolutely great. By the way, the entire experience (including the two pre-show rooms) lasts about 20 minutes.
Now it is time to exit:
...but there are a lot of obstacles in the way, so be careful!:
The controllers used in the game are great. They look like real sea turtles!:
This is not an ordinary gift shop, though:
Indeed, every time guests buy an item in this store, a percentage of what they pay goes to the SeaWorld Conservation Fund:
But that's not all! Indeed, at every purchase, the counter near the cash register glows orange, and the back screen animates, telling guests the amount of money that will go to the Conservation Fund (notice also in the next picture the new paper bags that recently replaced plastic bags in the park):
Neat idea, huh?:
The other side of the shop:
We conclude with a couple of interviews with some of the great people that were behind this project:
- BE AN EVERYDAY HERO! Journey On! -
CLICK HERE TO GO BACK TO PART 1 OF THIS TURTLETREK UPDATE >
Sam... just let me say, in honor of Crush the famous Disney's Sea Surtle: THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!
The melt the past manatee rescue attraction with this new hi-tech show form one of the most great attraction of the park!
I was so worried about the changes on Manatee rescue, because it was a great exhibit, but this new attraction goes over any my imagination!!!!
Thank you so much for all this great reports an I must compliment for you for the great video an interview whit the great mind behind this awesome attraction!!!
My compliment Sea World... You are great!!!!!!
thanks Sam for yet another excellent report!
I think Seaworld have really raised the bar with this attraction. Managing to offer a state-of-the-art attraction while continuing to be highly informative AND still heavily conservation friendly is no easy task.
Soooo looking forward to seeing this for myself!
This sounds great! It couldn't have been any worse than the original version as the main "show" was totally lame if you were above ten years old. Things like that were why Disney and Universal had moved far ahead of Sea World the last 20 years or so. New roller coasters only satisfy a small minority. It will be great to see this pavilion again for the first time since early 1994 and not feel dorkiness just washing over you. That's simply the way it used to be.
Please, Support Our Sponsors
Having to cover all the Theme Parks and Attractions in the Central Florida area is not an easy task. You can be sure that your donations will help us to continue to bring you all the latest news, rumors, and photo-updates as we have always done in the past.
- "It's Tough to Be a Bug" Attraction Has Reopened
- SeaWorld's TurtleTrek - Photos and Videos (PART 1)...
- SeaWorld's TurtleTrek - Photos and Videos (PART 2)...
- FASTPASS+ (or X-Pass) Tests Starting in May 2012
- Busch Gardens Welcomes Mongoose Lemurs Twins
- Animal Kingdom: Extended Hours Tonight Until 8pm
- Universal's Cinematic Spectacular - Photos & Video...
- SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Stop Offering Plastic Bag...
- New "Test Track - Presented by Chevrolet" Renderin...
- New Fantasyland: Disney Reveals More Opening Dates...
- Universal Studios Update: New Despicable Me Poster...
- Universal Studios Update: Despicable Me (PART 2)
- SeaWorld Orlando's TurtleTrek: Now Open
- OTPN Attends TurtleTrek's Grand Opening Today
- The Walt Disney World Resort Has a Lot in Store
- Phineas & Ferb Preparing to Come to Epcot: VIDEO
- Tips on Seeing LEGOLAND Florida in One Single Day
- Islands of Adventure - Quick Park Update (April 2...
- LEGOLAND Florida Continues to Expand Park Hours
- Updated Name: SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue: Last Show Cancelled - April 27...
- New Information on SeaWorld Orlando's "Antarctica"...
- Starbucks Coming to Walt Disney World, Disneyland
- Fantasyland Expansion: A Gloomy Day (PART 1)
- Fantasyland Expansion: A Gloomy Day (PART 2)
- Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: Tests Have Star...
- LEGOLAND Florida Wins Urban Forest Award
- Notice: Areas Around Tree of Life Temporarily Clos...
- Universal Studios Update: Gru's House details (Par...
- Universal Studios Update: Gru's House details (Par...
- Universal Orlando: Nighttime Show, Express News
- Art of Animation Resort: A Few Preview Pictures
- Epcot: The VISION House to Open on April 22, 2012
- Groupon Deal of the Day: Old Town Armband Offer
- Typhoon Lagoon Closed Tomorrow Due to Weather
- Universal's CityWalk: Boardwalk Construction Updat...
- Fantasia Mini Golf Courses Closing Early on April ...
- Kasi the Cheetah Receives His First Check-Up at BG...
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue: Last Show Cancelled - April 20...
- The Orange Bird is Back at the Magic Kingdom Park!...
- Liberty Square Riverboat Rehab (April-May 2012)
- Updated Monorail Narration: Epcot Route's VIDEO
- Universal Orlando's Florida Residents Offers - 201...
- Epcot Update: Morocco Work Completed and More
- LEGOLAND Florida Rumors: What May Be Planned
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (April 13-19)
- "Orlando's Salute to the Seas" - Book Review by OT...
- SeaWorld Orlando: April 2012 Update (PART 1)
- SeaWorld Orlando: April 2012 Update (PART 2)
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay: Viva la Música 2012
- VIDEOS: Casey Jr. Water Features & New Fantasyland...
- Universal Orlando's 2012 Summer Concert Series
- Magic Kingdom Update: Robo-Newz is Back! (Part 1)
- Magic Kingdom Update: Robo-Newz is Back! (Part 2)
- Test Track's Closing Date Revealed & More Surprise...
- SeaWorld Orlando's TurtleTrek Preview - Episode 5
- No Late-Night Mail Pick-Up at WDW on April 17, 201...
- FASTPASS Testing at the Carousel of Progress?
- OT: Discussion Kingdom & Disney Project Closing
- New Info (and Photos) Regarding "Dine with Shamu"
- Work on New I-Drive Live Complex to Start Soon
- Fantasyland Update: Seven Dwarfs at Work (PART 1)
- Fantasyland Update: Seven Dwarfs at Work (PART 2)
- Portofino Bay's Harbor Nights Primavera on April 2...
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (April 6-12)
- OTPN Advisory: Newsletter Delivery Temporarily Off...
- Penguin Encounter at SeaWorld Orlando - TRIBUTE
- Star Wars Weekends 2012: Celebrities and Highlight...
- New Splitsville Bowling Alley Rendering (Early 201...
- Rapunzel's New Meet-and-Greet Changes Location
- LEGOLAND's New Water Park Receives Water
- Disney PhotoPass+ Debuts at Walt Disney World
- Brave's Merida Coming to Magic Kingdom, Disneyland...
- Universal's New Shows: Opening Date Announced
- Downtown Disney Update: Rainforest Rehab (PART 1)
- Downtown Disney Update: Rainforest Rehab (PART 2)
- Disney Hotels - Parking Restrictions (April 2012)
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (March 30-April 5)...
- Epcot Resorts: Possible Noise Intrusion on April 4...
- Epcot Update: Work in Morocco and More (PART 1)
- Epcot Update: Work in Morocco and More (PART 2)
- Fun Spot Attractions: Annual Pass Savings (April 2...
- Refurbished Basin Store Opens at Downtown Disney
- ▼ April (83)
- ► 2011 (1254)
- ► 2010 (1183)