Welcome to ORLANDO THEME PARK NEWS!
It is interesting to note that these special FASTPASSes were distributed only between 12 p.m. and 5 p.m.:
Of course, this could have just been an extraordinary thing that was done due to the busy holiday weekend, but we noticed that there were very few people inside the park, so this additional service did not really help, especially since this is (sadly) not one of the most popular attractions of the park anyway. But we would like to hear your opinion as well. What do you think? Is this a sign of new things to come? Share your thoughts!
As a CM in that area, we actually have FP for multiple rides during the busy season. Last year I think we had when you received a Buzz FP you also receive one for this.
CoP is one of my favorite attractions at Disney, the lack of a long line is just a bonus, though would be nice if more folks knew the historic significance of CoP, it's really neat what Walt did
Like anonymous #1 said, they've given out "free" fast passes for this in addition to, say, a Buzz Lightyear fastpass. I remember them doing this a few years ago, and maybe they were just testing certain loading scenarios this time.
It's not a bad idea by Disney, gently nudging guests in the direction of a long attraction whose loads aren't meeting it's high capacity, while clearing the walkways.
I guess it´s crowd management. Give the guest a fastpass and, as a brainless zombie, he moves to the (at that moment) less crowded part of the park to do a ride.
Again this is ripping out the spontanitie and have people watching their watches. Together with the use of mobile phones it´s sad to see people be a slave to that.
On the other hand, I won´t use it and the herd will be lighter in the nicer attractions.
Isn't it about time Disney replaced this? It's always empty and rightly so - it's not aged well at all.
Fastpass drives up the wait times for stand-by, and also (for attractions like Toy Story Mania, where they're gone in 2+ hours) makes park-hopping harder.
I will say, it's dependent on the park, though. Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom have enough big rides on Fastpass, or at least it's balanced enough that it doesn't harm the park. Epcot and Hollywood Studios, though... TSM and Soarin/Test Track get sold out or pushed into the evening before anything else in the park. It seems like these aren't as balanced (part of that is TSM's height limit, versus all the other FP rides at DHS).
Next Gen! Too many Disney followers are so closed minded to the possibilities. They look at the existing structure and then try to place rumors and leaks into those terms. Why only busy rides on next gen? If you can truly plan out your ride times, then maybe expanding fastpass is necessary. Maybe not for the reasons that it is used now. Maybe fastpass will be like a line for people with reservations? Since the program is not done marketing has not yet gotten a hold of the terms to update the naming of the system.
speaking about TSM, is there anyway to suggest to disney to add a single rider line? there are always so many times i see three riders.
Toy Story Mania did have a Single Rider line when it frist opened I've used it once. It just did not kick off very well so Disney got rit of it!
We have been going to Disney every year and sometimes twice a year for the past 26 years. The COP is one stop we always havw to make. We joined the WDVC about 2 years ago and now we will be going even more ofter.
COP gives one not only a wonderful story of progress but it also gives one a relaxing and refreshing break in the day.
I hope the ride does not get so popular that lines start to form but popular enough to keep it open.
Please, Support Our Sponsors
Having to cover all the Theme Parks and Attractions in the Central Florida area is not an easy task. You can be sure that your donations will help us to continue to bring you all the latest news, rumors, and photo-updates as we have always done in the past.
- "It's Tough to Be a Bug" Attraction Has Reopened
- SeaWorld's TurtleTrek - Photos and Videos (PART 1)...
- SeaWorld's TurtleTrek - Photos and Videos (PART 2)...
- FASTPASS+ (or X-Pass) Tests Starting in May 2012
- Busch Gardens Welcomes Mongoose Lemurs Twins
- Animal Kingdom: Extended Hours Tonight Until 8pm
- Universal's Cinematic Spectacular - Photos & Video...
- SeaWorld & Busch Gardens Stop Offering Plastic Bag...
- New "Test Track - Presented by Chevrolet" Renderin...
- New Fantasyland: Disney Reveals More Opening Dates...
- Universal Studios Update: New Despicable Me Poster...
- Universal Studios Update: Despicable Me (PART 2)
- SeaWorld Orlando's TurtleTrek: Now Open
- OTPN Attends TurtleTrek's Grand Opening Today
- The Walt Disney World Resort Has a Lot in Store
- Phineas & Ferb Preparing to Come to Epcot: VIDEO
- Tips on Seeing LEGOLAND Florida in One Single Day
- Islands of Adventure - Quick Park Update (April 2...
- LEGOLAND Florida Continues to Expand Park Hours
- Updated Name: SeaWorld Parks & Resorts Orlando
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue: Last Show Cancelled - April 27...
- New Information on SeaWorld Orlando's "Antarctica"...
- Starbucks Coming to Walt Disney World, Disneyland
- Fantasyland Expansion: A Gloomy Day (PART 1)
- Fantasyland Expansion: A Gloomy Day (PART 2)
- Universal's Cinematic Spectacular: Tests Have Star...
- LEGOLAND Florida Wins Urban Forest Award
- Notice: Areas Around Tree of Life Temporarily Clos...
- Universal Studios Update: Gru's House details (Par...
- Universal Studios Update: Gru's House details (Par...
- Universal Orlando: Nighttime Show, Express News
- Art of Animation Resort: A Few Preview Pictures
- Epcot: The VISION House to Open on April 22, 2012
- Groupon Deal of the Day: Old Town Armband Offer
- Typhoon Lagoon Closed Tomorrow Due to Weather
- Universal's CityWalk: Boardwalk Construction Updat...
- Fantasia Mini Golf Courses Closing Early on April ...
- Kasi the Cheetah Receives His First Check-Up at BG...
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue: Last Show Cancelled - April 20...
- The Orange Bird is Back at the Magic Kingdom Park!...
- Liberty Square Riverboat Rehab (April-May 2012)
- Updated Monorail Narration: Epcot Route's VIDEO
- Universal Orlando's Florida Residents Offers - 201...
- Epcot Update: Morocco Work Completed and More
- LEGOLAND Florida Rumors: What May Be Planned
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (April 13-19)
- "Orlando's Salute to the Seas" - Book Review by OT...
- SeaWorld Orlando: April 2012 Update (PART 1)
- SeaWorld Orlando: April 2012 Update (PART 2)
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay: Viva la Música 2012
- VIDEOS: Casey Jr. Water Features & New Fantasyland...
- Universal Orlando's 2012 Summer Concert Series
- Magic Kingdom Update: Robo-Newz is Back! (Part 1)
- Magic Kingdom Update: Robo-Newz is Back! (Part 2)
- Test Track's Closing Date Revealed & More Surprise...
- SeaWorld Orlando's TurtleTrek Preview - Episode 5
- No Late-Night Mail Pick-Up at WDW on April 17, 201...
- FASTPASS Testing at the Carousel of Progress?
- OT: Discussion Kingdom & Disney Project Closing
- New Info (and Photos) Regarding "Dine with Shamu"
- Work on New I-Drive Live Complex to Start Soon
- Fantasyland Update: Seven Dwarfs at Work (PART 1)
- Fantasyland Update: Seven Dwarfs at Work (PART 2)
- Portofino Bay's Harbor Nights Primavera on April 2...
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (April 6-12)
- OTPN Advisory: Newsletter Delivery Temporarily Off...
- Penguin Encounter at SeaWorld Orlando - TRIBUTE
- Star Wars Weekends 2012: Celebrities and Highlight...
- New Splitsville Bowling Alley Rendering (Early 201...
- Rapunzel's New Meet-and-Greet Changes Location
- LEGOLAND's New Water Park Receives Water
- Disney PhotoPass+ Debuts at Walt Disney World
- Brave's Merida Coming to Magic Kingdom, Disneyland...
- Universal's New Shows: Opening Date Announced
- Downtown Disney Update: Rainforest Rehab (PART 1)
- Downtown Disney Update: Rainforest Rehab (PART 2)
- Disney Hotels - Parking Restrictions (April 2012)
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (March 30-April 5)...
- Epcot Resorts: Possible Noise Intrusion on April 4...
- Epcot Update: Work in Morocco and More (PART 1)
- Epcot Update: Work in Morocco and More (PART 2)
- Fun Spot Attractions: Annual Pass Savings (April 2...
- Refurbished Basin Store Opens at Downtown Disney
- ▼ April (83)
- ► 2011 (1254)
- ► 2010 (1183)