Today we have some great news to share with our readers!
Mr. Tuten, Creative Director of Fun Spot America (that will be the new name of Fun Spot Action Park in Orlando, as it was announced some time ago) kindly shared with us a lot of additional details regarding the major expansion of the park, which will truly become extraordinary. Here you are some of the rides and attractions you can expect to see (Please, keep in mind that these are work-in-progress computer models, and some attractions will possibly be changed):
Let's start by taking a look at a rendering of the whole park, with most of the new attractions planned.
Here's another view of the park from a different angle. Notice the size of the wooden coaster and the water park. Also, the rendering confirms that the famous Fun Spot Ferris Wheel will be relocated on top of a new building, which will function as the main entrance of the park (by the way, general admission will still be free). The park will also have a Double-Decker Chance Carousel:
Now let's talk about coasters. As mentioned at the beginning, the park will have two of them:
The first one will be a Chance-Vekoma Suspended Family Coaster. Here is a video which shows the same model of the coaster that will be built, aside from the theming. Also, here's a rendering of how the ride will look like at Fun Spot America:
The second coaster - which will certainly please many coaster-lovers! - will be a Wood/Steel Hybrid Coaster designed by Great Coasters International, Inc. That's the same great company that is currently building the majestic Wodan at Europa-Park! "This coaster will have a steel structure with a classic wood top and track. It will be the first wood/steel hybrid coaster for Great Coasters International." At this link, you will find a video of a computer animation of the coaster. In addition to that, here's a rendering of the ride:
- All logos and renderings shown here are subject to the copyright of Mr. Tuten (Creative Director at Fun Spot America) and of Fun Spot Attractions. All rights are strictly reserved. -
This expansion will really be a major event here in Central Florida. All Fun Spot Parks already offer a lot of family-friendly attractions, and with this expansion they will surely attract even more families and teenagers.
Thank you for voting, and a big thank you to Mr. Tuten for sharing with us these exciting information!
That will be just a Vekoma Family Invert. King's Island has one named Flying Ace Aerial Chase and its pretty fun but its eventually going to get rough. Very rough.
And they must have made a slight typo as the height given for it seems pretty impossible to make it complete the circuit.
Just a little warning. My neighbor broke his back on the SkyCoasters in Kissimmee. There was a little wind gust when they dropped the rope and they smacked down. You have to sign a waiver so they don´t take any responsibility what so ever. Just to let you know.
No, there are no inversions. This is a very smooth, fun ride. I've been on one with kids as young as 4 years old who loved it and wanted to jump right back on. I would urge you to watch the video and see for yourself.
Mr. Tuten, I have ridden them and other Vekoma inverted coasters and they are rough. That is the trademark of a Vekoma. Don't believe me? Go ride any Vekoma Suspended Looping Coaster, Boomerang or Flying Ace Aerial Chase - Their popular family invert which is what is being added to your park.
Yes they are smooth in the first couple of years but like I said they are rough and will get rough eventually.
I really am excited about the new wooden coaster... I hope they will keep the WindSeeker... I wonder what the Fun Spot in Kissimmee will add to balance the two out now?
Check out my blog, all about Central Florida and the theme parks! http://www.vaaoffla.com/adventure-blog.html
Hi Austin Ray, You're confusing the Suspended Looping Coaster with the Suspended Family Coaster. I have also ridden the Suspended Looping Coaster and I agree they are much taller, have inversions, and are much more intense than the coaster we are getting. Thanks
No I am not confusing them with anything. Vekoma has 2 coaster models that are inverted, Suspended Looping Coaster (SLC) and Suspended Family Coasters. I know exactly what I am talking about. And if you want proof then go ride some one of the 7 suspended family coasters that are operating worldwide.
Rough is a Vekoma trademark. And I'm not the only one who shares that opinion.
Mr. Ray is correct, Vekoma coasters do become rough, sometimes to the point of intolerability ...
Well, maybe your terminology is throwing me off. We think of inversions as when you go through a loop and you're upside down. The SFC has no inversions. I have personally ridden both coasters and while the SLC was very intense, I didn't find it rough and I really enjoyed it. But the SFC that we are getting was extremely smooth. The new type of open restraint was also very comfortable. Maybe we can allow for the possibility that their engineering has improved over the years. Thanks
@ Mr. Tuten: thanks again for making a clarification regarding the coaster coming to Fun Spot America.
@ Austin: I do understand your concerns about it being a Vekoma coaster, but you have to remember that not all of them are rough. Take for example one of the best family coasters on earth: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. It is a Vekoma coaster, and it is not rough at all (at least, in my humble opinion). I know that the typology may be different, but the same concept applies.
Just wait until it will open. You may be surprised, who knows!
This series of comments seems to have degenerated into an argument as to whether vekoma coasters are rough or not and seems to have detracted from the true purpose of the post. We should be celebrating the fact that Orlando is getting a host of new attractions!
Fun Spot appears to have a refreshing attitude and continues to try to add to its catalogue of family attractions and should be applauded for at least making an effort (while other parks stand still and go stale)
Its down to an individual whether they like these additions but as the administrator said, surely we should wait and see how they turn out before critisising them
I'd also once again like to thank Mr Tuton for his openness in both sharing this information, and taking the time to answer posts - not many attraction owners would do the same!
- December (27)
- November (98)
- October (108)
- September (137)
- August (108)
- July (109)
- June (102)
- May (97)
- April (97)
- March (94)
- February (78)
- January (106)
- December (95)
- November (93)
- October (104)
- September (93)
- August (97)
- July (77)
- June (65)
- May (89)
- April (83)
- Temporary Power Outage at Magic Kingdom's TTC
- Busch Gardens Tampa Welcomes New Baby Aardvark
- Advisory: Animal Kingdom Open Until 8 p.m. Tonight...
- Universal Studios Update - Fountains of Joy (PART ...
- Universal Studios Update - Fountains of Joy (PART ...
- Advisory: Magic Kingdom Open Until 12 a.m. Tonight...
- LEGOLAND Florida - Official Video Tour of the Park...
- Characters from "Up" Return to Animal Kingdom
- Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival Photo-Gallery (1)...
- Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival Photo-Gallery (2)...
- Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival Photo-Gallery (3)...
- Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival Photo-Gallery (4)...
- Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival Photo-Gallery (5)...
- New Magnetron Kiosk Opens at Downtown Disney
- "Penguin Cam" by SeaWorld and DC Debuts Online
- Magic Kingdom to Close One Hour Later Today
- SeaWorld Caring for Two Hawksbill Turtle Hatchling...
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (March 23-29)
- LEGOLAND Florida Opens New Snack Points & More
- Storybook Circus: New Dumbo at Night - VIDEO
- More Information on New Art of Animation Resort
- CityWalk Update: Major Renovation in Progress
- Advisory: Buena Vista Drive Work on March 26 and 2...
- Disney's Art of Animation Resort Opening Dates
- 9:30 pm Hoop-Dee-Doo Show Cancelled for March 24
- Hollywood Studios: New Mermaid Ride Model (Part 1)...
- Hollywood Studios: New Mermaid Ride Model (Part 2)...
- Universal Orlando Store to Close at Festival Bay M...
- Agent P's World Showcase Adventure Coming to Epcot...
- More Trademarks Filed by Universal and Disney
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (March 16 - 22)
- Storybook Circus Opening at 12 p.m. on March 21
- Storybook Circus Videos: Train Spiel, Barnstormer
- Free Wi-Fi Now Available in All Disney Resorts
- SeaWorld Orlando Releases Loggerhead Sea Turtle
- Italian Soccer Team Partners with the Disney Compa...
- Storybook Circus: Background Music and More Photos...
- Disney's Fairway Mini-Golf Closed at 3 p.m. Today
- LEGOLAND's New Exhibits: Additional Information
- Warning: OTPN's Official E-mail Address Hacked
- Storybook Circus - PHOTO GALLERY (Part 1)
- Storybook Circus - PHOTO GALLERY (Part 2)
- Storybook Circus - PHOTO GALLERY (Part 3)
- U.S. Post Office Near Walt Disney World to Close S...
- Epcot's 19th Flower & Garden Festival - VIDEO
- Fun Spot Shares Even More Info on Major Expansion
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (March 9-15)
- New Bus Test Around the Walt Disney World Resort
- Universal Studios Update - Nighttime Show and More...
- Walt Disney World Hotels: Expanded Cable Offerings...
- SeaWorld Orlando's Team Rescues Dolphin in Danger
- Remember to "Spring Forward" Tomorrow Morning!
- Rainforest Cafe' Construction - Volcano Demolition...
- Changes Coming to the Disney Gift Card Program
- A Peek Inside the New "Be Our Guest" Restaurant
- Micky Dolenz Performing at Epcot on May 18-20
- The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man After Rehab
- Extended Operating Hours at MK & DHS (March 8, 9)
- Epcot Update: Next-Gen Additions & More (PART 1)
- Epcot Update: Next-Gen Additions & More (PART 2)
- Additional Main Street Electical Parade on March 9...
- Stan Lee Comments on the Spider-Man Ride Rehab
- LEGOLAND Florida Extended Hours: Mar. 10-Apr. 14
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (Feb. 24-March 8)
- Yacht & Beach Club Parking Advisory for March 6-27...
- Fantasyland Update: Sky Way Tower is Gone (Part 1)...
- Fantasyland Update: Sky Way Tower is Gone (Part 2)...
- LEGOLAND to Host New "LEGO Friends Weekend"
- Jack Hanna Visits SeaWorld on March 24 and 25, 201...
- Magic Kingdom's Operating Hours Extended to 1 a.m....
- New Fantasyland: Cast Members' Themed Costumes
- Epcot: Innoventions East Opening at Noon Tomorrow
- Fun Spot America: Official Expansion Plans Reveale...
- Nature-Inspired Design Segway Tour Closing at Epco...
- Islands of Adventure Update: Spider-Man's New Pain...
- Adventure Island Reopens on March 10, 2012
- Readers' Contribution: Prince Eric Castle's Last R...
- MK Monorail: Temporary Operating Hours Change
- Just Announced: Spider-Man to Reopen on March 8
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue: Last Show Cancelled Tomorrow
- LEGOLAND Update: Carousel News & More (Part 1)
- LEGOLAND Update: Carousel News & More (Part 2)
- Flower Power Concerts: Schedule Change in May 2012...
- February (81)
- January (102)
- December (100)
- November (97)
- October (93)
- September (98)
- August (115)
- July (100)
- June (100)
- May (92)
- April (107)
- March (120)
- February (111)
- January (121)
- December (112)
- November (102)
- October (105)
- September (112)
- August (121)
- July (112)
- June (115)
- May (105)
- April (98)
- March (71)
- February (65)
- January (65)