Welcome to ORLANDO THEME PARK NEWS!
The Orlando Thrill Park is back, and this time, it looks like it will be finally approved by the City Council.
If you have followed the story of this project, you know that the park had been turned down once, and then was brought up once again, just to be canceled for good. But, it looks like that was not the end of the story!
Indeed, the project is back yet again, and this time, the city of Orlando seems ready to approve it.
Read more about this news, from a small article found on CFNews 13:
City council to take up Orlando Thrill Park proposal
The park, which is planned for Orlando's Tangelo Park area, was voted down by the council in April because that area off of International Drive is currently zoned for residential use only.
Earlier in October, the city reached a new zoning agreement that would allow the park in the Tangelo Park area.
The council is expected to pass that agreement during a first reading Monday. A second reading and public hearing is scheduled for Monday, Nov. 14.
Just to remind you how the project would have looked like (and how it will hopefully look like in the near future), here is an aerial view of the site, complete with all the rides planned to be built:
|Rendering subject to the copyright of the Orlando Thrill Park. All rights reserved.|
This project. Kill it with fire.
Go park, Go! I will be the first in line to buy my annual pass!
I like both theme parks AND amusement parks, so I have no issue with this park at all. This park will bring more people to the Orlando area, in this case the adrenaline junkies who only want thrills and could not care less about theming. The more visitors to Orlando, the better for the economy there, which is a good thing. With so many parks, people will need 2 week vacations just to see everything. That's great news!
We already have theme parks like the Magic "tarp" kingdom. How about a park for some big kids with real coasters.
I'm so happy!!! But I didn't understand what they changed to try to be approved by Orlando's City Council... ig they will remain in the same area (Tangelo park) which kind of changes they will adopt to change the City Council Choice?
Yeah,, i hope the park opened in 2013, and i can ride the inverted accelerator strata coaster,, i hope its a new worldrecordbreaking coaster 500feet high,, very interesting rides 10 roller coasters wow,, its a very steel thrill park
I think you need to do some more research on this story. According to city planners, the zoning change is very minor and does not allow the park to be built. They said the park is off the table and will not happen at this location.
@last Anonymous: I did a lot (really, a lot) of research on this subject, and it looks evident that the zoning change is actually going to favor the new Orlando Thrill Park. Even in CFNews 13's article that we quoted, it states:"Earlier in October, the city reached a new zoning agreement THAT WOULD ALLOW the park in the Tangelo Park area."
Now, does it mean that the park is going to be built for sure? Absolutely not. We are very, very skeptic about this project (as many others are), because of the many discrepancies that have surfaced, but the City of Orlando has indeed made some changes that could give the company behind this new park another opportunity to present their project, so that it can be approved(but again, seems unlikely to us).
I can understand the reservations some people have with this parks concept.
the proposed rides are only really aimed at adrenaline junkies, the park has little family appeal.
current Orlando parks are all family orientated. While attracting a different customer base would obviously help Orlando's economy, would we really like this different core customer base invading our current theme parks? I can imagine the horror scenario of a party fuelled, drunken overspill of Daytona Beach spring breakers, attracted to Orlando Thrill Park invading Disney or Universal and spoiling the family ethos.
The arguement that it is not a "theme" park is a valid one, but I have no opposition to amusement parks existing alongside theme parks - isn't Fun Spot just an "Amusement Park"?
Personally, I love roller coasters, and would welcome a park such as this, providing it didn't interfere with the Disney magic, which can be achieved.
Busch Gardens has a high quota of thrill roller coasters but still maintains a sense of being a family park. The acid test will be in how exactly the park will be run and policed, questions which are still a long way down the line. Lets not dismiss this project before it gets anywhere near this stage!
Just a request to the administrator:
its noticeable that the number of "anonymous" comments has increased greatly recently.
While i accept everyone has a right to privacy, it can get very confusing when several anonymous readers are posting different opinions on the same subject.
I personally believe that some are only anonymous due to the convenience of not adding a name to their comment
couldn't all comments post require a name to help identify the poster, even if its just a silly tag like mine or some of the other regular posters?
just a suggestion, its your site and you are entitled to run it as you see fit, you're doing a great job!
Please, Support Our Sponsors
Having to cover all the Theme Parks and Attractions in the Central Florida area is not an easy task. You can be sure that your donations will help us to continue to bring you all the latest news, rumors, and photo-updates as we have always done in the past.
- ► 2012 (1062)
- Exclusive Busch Gardens Pin for Annual Passholders...
- Fantasyland Update: Carousel Refurb Starts (PART 1...
- Fantasyland Update: Carousel Refurb Starts (PART 2...
- Typhoon Lagoon Closed Today Due to Weather
- Exclusive! Dumbo's New Base Showcases New Details
- LEGOLAND Florida Announces New Waterpark
- Splendid China Update - Still Nothing Happening
- Reminder: Magic Kingdom Advisories for Dec. 2-3
- Islands of Adventure: New Time Boards and More
- A Few Universal Orlando Fun Facts
- International Drive Continues to Expand in 2012/20...
- Despicable Me Construction Update - November 2011
- Entertainment Changes for Dec. 2, 3 - Magic Kingdo...
- Universal Studios - New York City... by Night (VID...
- Select McDonald's Now Offer LEGOLAND Discount
- Fun Spot's Waterpark: New Information and Park Map...
- Downtown Disney General Update - November 2011
- RUMOR - Kim Possible Testing Something New?
- LEGOLAND Florida: New Additions Appear (PART 1)
- LEGOLAND Florida: New Additions Appear (PART 2)
- LEGOLAND Florida: New Additions Appear (PART 3)
- Fun Spot Reveals More Info of its Mega Expansion
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Rescue Team Releases Sea Turtle...
- Universal Orlando Introduces New Gift Cards
- A Look at Epcot's New Turnstile-Free Entrance
- Reminder: LEGOLAND Operating Hours for the Week
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (Nov. 19-Dec. 2)
- New "Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it" Music Debuts...
- Fantasyland Update - More Details Appear (PART 1)
- Fantasyland Update - More Details Appear (PART 2)
- Fun Spot's New Annual Passes Officially On Sale
- Yankees Baseball Player Visits LEGOLAND Florida
- What's Coming in 2012 and 2013 in Central Florida
- The Jeweled Dragon Acrobats at Epcot - VIDEO
- Rumor About Universal's New Nighttime Spectacular
- Downtown Disney: The Refurbished Sunglass Icon
- Information On the 2012 Flower & Garden Festival
- Baby Manatee Rescued by SeaWorld's Experts
- Groupon Deal of the Day: 50% Off Florida Ecosafari...
- Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista - Nov. 2011 Update...
- Disney Parks Receive Four "Thea" Awards in 2011
- SeaWorld's Animal Rescue Team Helps Pilot Whale
- Groupon Deal of the Day: 50% Discount at Old Town
- Enchanted Grove Becomes The Cheshire Cafe' - Photo...
- Universal Orlando - "It's All About Being Green"
- SeaWorld Orlando: TurtleTrek Update & More (Part 1...
- SeaWorld Orlando: TurtleTrek Update & More (Part 2...
- Disney Stops Offering Tennis Lessons on Property
- EXCLUSIVE! - Pictures of Double Dumbo's New Base
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (November 12-18)
- LEGOLAND Florida Open Until 6 pm Every Weekend
- The Fantasyland Forest Starts to Appear - Nov. 201...
- Epcot Testing Again New Entry Procedures (Nov. 201...
- Vote for The Best New Attraction of 2011
- Jake the Pirate Invades Disney's Hollywood Studios...
- Universal Studios: Hard Rock Demolition Complete (...
- Universal Studios: Hard Rock Demolition Complete (...
- 8:00 p.m. Fantasmic! Show Added Tonight (Nov. 11)
- LEGOLAND Florida to Extend Hours This Weekend
- Miscellaneous Work at Select Disney Resorts
- Fun Spot to Start Selling Annual Passes November 2...
- New Recycling Bins Debut at Universal Orlando
- Sunglass Icon Store Now Open at Downtown Disney
- Busch Gardens Welcomes New Baby Zebra
- Orlando Theme Park News - Newsletter Debuts
- LEGOLAND Florida Update - Still Some Work to Do
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Show Time Changes Start Nov.13, 2011
- Confirmed: 3 New Merlin Attractions Coming Soon
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (November 5-11)
- TurtleTrek, Antarctica, and More Coming to SeaWorl...
- SeaWorld Orlando to Make Big Announcements Today
- SeaWorld, Busch Gardens Blogs Go Mobile
- Epcot Update: Hopeless Innoventions & More (Part 1...
- Epcot Update: Hopeless Innoventions & More (Part 2...
- Epcot Update: Hopeless Innoventions & More (Part 3...
- Strike 3: Orlando Thrill Park Project Not Happenin...
- More Info on Clearwater Marine Aquarium Expansion
- Exclusive New Tour at the Kennedy Space Center
- Did You Remember...
- Two New Baby Animals Are Born at Busch Gardens
- What's new at Old Town - November 2011
- Daylight Saving Times Ends - Disney Resorts Ready
- Epcot: Refurbishments Continue in the Japan Pavili...
- Go to LEGOLAND Florida, then Get A Free Mocha
- 'Space, Air and Sea Weekend' at Kennedy Space Cent...
- Monorail Peach - PHOTOS
- SeaWorld Orlando's 2012 Fun Card Now Available
- Incredible Artwork to Debut in the Little Mermaid ...
- Daylight Saving Time Ends Sunday, November 6, 2011...
- Something Silver is Now Open at Downtown Disney
- The Orlando Thrill Park Project is Back... Once Ag...
- Entertainment Schedule Changes at MK for Nov. 3
- Work to Continue Inside "The Seas" Pavilion at Epc...
- Magic Kingdom Update - Tarps, Walls, & Co. (PART 1...
- Magic Kingdom Update - Tarps, Walls, & Co. (PART 2...
- Busch Gardens Tampa's 2012 Entertainment Lineup
- Talking Mickey Testing at the Town Square Theater
- ▼ November (97)
- ► 2010 (1183)