Welcome to ORLANDO THEME PARK NEWS!
Wasn't there some show in the diamond horseshoe with goofy
I noticed some interesting peek-a-boo angles on the construction while riding the train last week. Nothing that can really be seen in a photo, but would show nicely in a short video... you might want to consider such.
And the crowds. My goodness the crowds. Went 2 years back over the Christmas holiday and was horrified, went last year at Thanksgiving, swore I'd never go back at the holidays, went this year on Christmas Eve to MK, and am honestly considering backing out of ever going during a peak again as this was the worst crowds yet. But even then, still had a great time, just not as good as it could have been.
Every now and again, we talk about going for the holidays. The next time someone suggests we go for Christmas, I will remember these photos.
It looks like crazytown!
Thanks for the comments, everybody!
@Anonymous: Yes, there used to be a show inside the saloon, called "Goofy's Hop-de-doo Musical Revue" that was unfortunately discontinued some years ago. Now, the saloon is used only during peak times (like this one) as a restaurant (no show).
@graveslids: Thanks for the advice! I noticed that too, but taking pictures from the train is pretty difficult, so as you said, a video should be better...
They could AT LEAST try to hide those ugly projection boxes. They are very unsightly, especially for a place like Disney
The projectors are ugly but the castle is going to be beautiful at night with them in use. I just hope they could some how use them during Wishes.
Wow! Even I have to say I've never seen it this crowded. I don't think July gets like that... (Well maybe the 4th) Still really crazy, I have to praise the fact that you went that day cause it looks insane!!
Did you go on any rides? Did you did the regular line or Fast Pass?
How much you waited?
Those people who are amazed at how many people there was, I think really shouldn't. We need to face the facts:
1- Americans go on almost not vacations if any at all.
2- They like to go on those weekend long vacations. 2-4 days long and since a lot of them are on vacation what a nice way of getting kids to shut up about never going to Disney...
3- More importantly, even that insanely crowded, is Christmas in Disney after all...
But I do think that if you do decide to go you shouldn't be bothering your party and others by complaining. After all is Christmas at Disney!! You decided to go so sh...!!
Yes, this is the busiest time of the year, so people should be aware of this doing a bit of research before going to the parks. It's absolutely true that these are the only few weeks that people can go on vacation (because of the school break), but maybe they could arrange another time (maybe spring break, which is still a bit crowded, but not as much)...
@ Francisco: You are entirely correct that people should not complain about the crowds if they know what they are in for. If I came across as complaining I was not, it's just a bit to take in the press of humanity as one moves through the park. That said, I also abhor being in large crowds, but as we go to see family that lives in FL, and as it taking the kids to Disney @ Christmas time, I'll tolerate the crowds, just won't try to ride everything as it becomes a logistical impossibility in one day.
However, if time allowed, and we could make the trip without having miss alot of work and school, I'd go at the end of January. My wife and I went then right after getting married and it was tantamount to having the park to yourself, no lines whatsoever! I think the longest we waited for anything was 5 minutes for Small World, walked right to the loading area for anything else. And unfortunately it has colored every experience since as that is my recollection of a Disney trip.
What do you people expect...it's the busiest time of year! I just laugh at people that complain about the crowds during the Holidays, the summer and Spring Break.
@graveslids- I really wasn't talking about you. I was talking about the people which complain in/around the parks or further more in the queues or any other place one needs to hear them, singing the same old song, all day long...
If you don't like it with all those people that's fine... Even more so if you personally have experienced those type of crowds. I probably wouldn't go either... Unless I wanted to spend Christmas there badly, but I would know that if I were to go it would be insanely crowded and like you said, one has to adjust the plans to what is possible that day. What I don't like is the people that decided to go just to complain all day long!
@Francisco: Gotcha. Wasn't sure if it was directed toward me or not, but wanted to clarify myself just in case.
As far as the people in the queues, on the last trip I didn't come across anyone making noise about the wait, I think everyone knows just from looking at the reality of the situation that regardless we were all stuck in queue purgatory and just had to wait it out until your turn came. Actually I've had some decent random strike up conversations in the holiday lines, just have to find something to pass the time when they extend the queues for capacity...
Francisco, not all Americans almost take no vacations. I take 3 vacations a year and two of those are to Florida. I take my daughter out of school to travel because she can do the schoolwork ahead of time before we go on the trip. We always go in October and the end of April and the crowds are fine.
Please, Support Our Sponsors
Having to cover all the Theme Parks and Attractions in the Central Florida area is not an easy task. You can be sure that your donations will help us to continue to bring you all the latest news, rumors, and photo-updates as we have always done in the past.
- ► 2012 (1062)
- ► 2011 (1254)
- Islands of Adventure - BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! (Part 1)
- Islands of Adventure - BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! (Part 2)
- Advisory - Busy day ahead!
- Bye, Triceratops Discovery Trail!
- SeaWorld Orlando helps Manatees to recover from th...
- WDW Railroad's new spiel - VIDEO
- Advisory #1 - Kali river rapids hours adjustments
- The Disney Look... to the past! (Dec.25-Jan. 7)
- Advisory - Magic Kingdom has reopened to all guest...
- ADVISORY! Universal Orlando closed due to capacity...
- ADVISORY! Magic Kingdom at PHASE 2 closing
- Disney's Fantasia Gardens closing for Refurbishmen...
- Magic Kingdom - if this isn't crowded... (PART 1)
- Magic Kingdom - if this isn't crowded... (PART 2)
- Putting the finishing touches to the Disney Dream
- OOTL: Gardaland's X-Raptor track COMPLETE
- Advisories for today - DECEMBER 28, 2010
- Cheetah Hunt update
- Advisory #3 - Spirit of Aloha shows cancelled
- Epcot update
- Disney bus accidentally kills a guest
- Advisory #2 - Kali River Rapids hours adjustments
- Advisory #1 - Resort parking restrictions
- Fantasyland Forest update - Attempt
- Epcot's Via Napoli offers pizzas by the slice
- Advisory #2 - Parks at normal operation
- Slapstick Studios (What's your problem) - VIDEO
- Advisory #1 - Blizzard Beach closed today
- Some new Disney Merchandise
- Behind-the-scenes look at the Disney Dream
- The Disney Dream crosses the English Channel
- What do you see... when it's cold?
- New spiel on the WDW Railroad - All aboard!
- Kouzzina reopens at Boardwalk with changes
- More news from Fun Spot U.S.A.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios news - (PART 1)
- Disney's Hollywood Studios news - (PART 2)
- OTPN poll: Twitter or Facebook?
- More info on the newly-reopened "One Man's Dream"
- Fun Spot U.S.A. construction in progress
- Magic Kingdom update - way too many people! (Part ...
- Magic Kingdom update - way too many people! (Part ...
- OOTL: Aulani's "Mischievous waters"
- A view of the Disney Dream theater
- Triceratops Discovery Trail is... TEMPORARY?
- SeaWorld's "SEA GARDEN"
- What's coming to WDW? Jan./Feb. 2011
- New unreleased Fantasyland artworks
- The Disney Look... to the past! (Dec.18-24)
- Matsuriza - VIDEO
- Winnie the Pooh's new queue by night - VIDEO
- "Oh, the stories you'll hear" - VIDEO
- Two new rides coming to Fun Spot U.S.A. next year
- Universal Studios update - It's cold out there!!
- Changes coming to the Kennedy Space Center
- Dave and Buster's construction continues
- New renderings of "Disney's Art of Animation" reso...
- Cheetah Hunt figure 8 completed!
- Sky Coaster's new lights - VIDEO
- SEE YOU ON MONDAY!
- Changes coming to Downtown Disney MARKETPLACE
- Hong Kong Disneyland construction - VIDEO
- TRON 3D coming to Kennedy Space Center
- Dragon Legend Acrobats leaving Epcot
- Sky Coaster adds thousands of lights
- Photos of "The District" aboard the Disney Dream
- Magic Kingdom - Good and Bad news...
- Triceratops Discovery Trail VIDEOS
- Advisory #2 - Spirit of Aloha and Blizzard Beach n...
- Advisory #1 - Systems Outage on Tuesday (WDW)
- NEWS - Triceratops Discovery Trail has reopened!
- The Disney Look... to the past! (Dec.11-17)
- Cheetah Hunt continues to grow...
- SeaWorld Orlando update
- BG and SeaWorld care about their animals
- So, what to do while Toontown is closed?
- "It's a NEGLECTED world"...
- Good News: The High-Speed train IS coming
- Advisory #1 - Kali River Rapids hours adjustments
- Did you know... Disneyland? PART 3
- BREAKING NEWS! Toontown to close February 2011!
- Legoland Florida's first partner is Pepsi
- Epcot update (DEC.10)
- More Cheetah Hunt construction
- Advisories for today - DECEMBER 9, 2010
- Fantasy Surf offers Annual Passes!
- A new Magic Kingdom update
- Free voucher - SAVE 30% at WDW and DL
- Advisory #1 - Spirit of Aloha show cancelled
- Brr... Polar Plunge returns to Aquatica
- Cheetah Hunt's test... in Hungary?!
- Fantasyland Forest continues to grow!
- OOTL: All you want to know about "World of Color"
- Advisory #3 - Kali river rapids hours adjustments
- Advisory #2 - Blizzard Beach closed today
- Advisory #1 - Spirit of Aloha shows cancelled
- The Disney Look... to the past! (Dec. 4-10)
- Legoland Florida is Eco-friendly
- A busy day inside the Magic Kingdom
- Disney reaches 100 million followers on Facebook!
- Cirque dream's pictures (from the SeaWorld blog)
- Hollywood Studios update - Tower under refurb
- Flower & Garden festival additions for 2011!
- Dave and Buster's construction update
- Cirque Dreams jungle fantasy show video!
- SeaWorld eliminates jobs in Orlando
- More beautiful photos of the Disney Dream
- Cheetah Hunt new update!
- NEW! - Orlando Thrill park unveils more rides
- Magic Kingdom general update
- Coaster very similar to Blue Fire may be on its wa...
- Fantasyland Forest - Dec. 1st Update
- ▼ December (112)