Welcome to ORLANDO THEME PARK NEWS!
Here you will find News, Rumors and Picture-updates from all Orlando's Theme Parks on a daily basis. We currently support any browser: Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, and Safari. For additional information on our site, click here.
Thursday, November 04, 2010 | Posted by OTPN administrator | | Edit Post
Yesterday the Disney Parks Blog has released a sad news for Disney California Adventure "fans": this year's "Food & Wine Festival" will NOT take place in California (this doesn't include the Epcot festival, that is much bigger by the way), as a lot of work has to be done to the park itself, so that the amount of space that the walls will take would affect a lot the festival duration and organization.
But, as you will see later, Disney was already preparing this year's festival by shooting a commercial at Epcot!
Here's the news directly from the Disney Parks Blog, that goes a bit more into details:
Important Update on Disney’s California Food & Wine Festival
As many of you know, we are in the midst of a multi-year expansion of Disney California Adventure park. Our first key milestone occurred this past June with the premiere of “World of Color,” and next year, we’ll open The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel’s Undersea Adventure. As we shared with you last Friday, Cars Land is well on its way to opening in 2012, and we’ll continue to share news and take you behind the scenes throughout the expansion on the Disney Parks Blog.
While we are extremely excited with all of the progress to date, we have had to make some changes to accommodate our growth, and today we want to let you know we will not be hosting the 2011 and 2012 Disney’s California Food & Wine Festivals in Disney California Adventure park. This was not an easy decision, but expansion work over the next two years in some areas of the park present significant logistical challenges around scheduling the hundreds of festival offerings. This work includes transforming the park’s entry plaza as well as the hub area where the event main stage has been located. When the work is completed, it will be reminiscent of the Los Angeles that Walt found when he arrived in the 1920s, complete with Red Car Trolleys. Below is a rendering that we’ve not yet released on the Blog that shows what the area will look like when completed.
We realize the festival has been a guest favorite but feel it’s most important to ensure our park experience is the best it can be during this exciting time. After the expansion is completed and we open Cars Land in 2012, we will continue to look at opportunities for special events and festivals. Please stay tuned to the Blog for the most up-to-date information.
With that being said, this strange and sudden decision was made just in these past few days. How do I know it? Because as I said before, just two weeks ago, they were filming the commercial for the festival at Epcot, near the Universe of Energy and the Wonders of life pavilion)!
Here you are some photos of the person that was going to be the host of the commercial
They also said that they have cancelled TWO times the festival, both in 2011 and in 2012.
I'm sorry for them, but look it on the brighter side! You will have "Carsland", "The Little Mermaid", a new entrance and more by 2012! So, something has to be sacrificed...
What do you think? Did they take a reasonable decision, or could they have moved the festival to the neighboring Disneyland park?
0 Comment(s):Post a Comment
Please, Support Our Sponsors
Having to cover all the Theme Parks and Attractions in the Central Florida area is not an easy task. You can be sure that your donations will help us to continue to bring you all the latest news, rumors, and photo-updates as we have always done in the past.
- ► 2012 (1062)
- ► 2011 (1254)
- What a beautiful castle...
- Is Australia on Animal Kingdom's horizon?
- New photos of the Disney Dream's interiors
- A sad day for Universal Orlando
- EPCOT update - PART 1
- EPCOT update - PART 2
- New Epcot t-shirt!
- "Tangled", a successful movie, so far.
- The American Heritage Gallery has reopened
- More Disney buses being added?
- Downtown Disney November 2010 update
- Kouzzina by Cat Cora to be refurbished soon
- Pollo Campero now open
- Noises near Triceratops Encounter
- Dave and Buster's restaurant construction update
- Tangled - Disney's 50th Animated Movie
- Marvel Superhero Island - What's its future?
- A look inside the new Disney ship
- New Hollywood Studios' parade name revealed
- IOA general update
- Fantasy Surf special every Friday!
- Fantasyland Forest update (Nov. 23, 2010)
- Behind-the-scenes look at Winnie the Pooh
- Triceratops Encounter update - More confirmations
- Is Hyperion Wharf just... the beginning?
- The Disney Look.. to the Past! (09/27 - 10/08)
- SeaWorld and Busch Gardens raise ticket prices
- Magic Kingdom update - Main Street and more!
- Universal Studios Florida photo-update
- Track installed inside Cheetah Hunt's station!
- Winnie the Pooh's new queue - COMPLETED (part 2)
- Winnie the Pooh's new queue - COMPLETED (part 1)
- Cheetah Hunt new pictures
- The story behind Pleasure Island's huge renovation...
- Universal Orlando opens its first online shop!
- Today, Magic Kingdom and more!
- Cirque Dreams coming to BGT December 3rd, 2010
- More news on Hyperion Wharf
- Disney's Animal Kingdom at dusk
- Winnie the Pooh's NEW on-ride video
- Cheetah HUNT going vertical!
- NEW! - Pleasure Island to become Hyperion Wharf
- Fantasyland Forest update (Nov. 18th, 2010)
- New Ripley attraction in Orlando?
- New show to replace "BELIEVE" in 2011
- New queue to open Thanksgiving week
- Winnie the Pooh's queue exclusive new photos! (Par...
- Winnie the Pooh's queue exclusive new photos! (Par...
- Around the World (Showcase): UNITED KINGDOM
- Will you visit OTP?
- Winnie the Pooh's new entrance artwork
- The train is leaving!
- Around Mouse Gear...
- The Disney Look.. to the Past! (11/13-19)
- Magic Kingdom update (11/14/2010)
- REMINDER - Last day of Food&Wine fest!
- Busch Gardens offers new nighttime safari
- Animal Kingdom update
- More info on new Orlando Thrill Park
- Mad Tea Party has reopened
- New over-the-wall Fantasyland photos
- Winnie the Pooh update (with new details!)
- Fantasy Surf news
- Orlando Thrill Park promises to be "quiet"
- Green Fest at Universal Orlando
- Epcot update (by night)
- New Live show for children at DHS
- Race Rock Demolition ended
- Fantasyland Forest update - new details (Part 1)
- Fantasyland forest update - new details (Part 2)
- Virtual videos of the new Disney Dream
- "Mrs. Potts' Cupboard" renamed "Storybook Treats"
- Silver Springs - Florida's Natural theme park
- What's Your Problem?... it's closing.
- The Disney Look.. to the Past! (11/06-12)
- Around the Orlando shops...
- Aqua Duck on board video
- This week's schedule
- OOTL: SeaWorld SD announces new turtle exhibit
- Did you remember?
- Walk-through video of "One Man's Dream"
- 250 people like us. We like them too!
- One Man's Dream to be expanded next month
- New "Save The Hulk" page
- New Killer Whale born at SeaWorld Orlando
- Another update on Hollywood Studios
- New Cheetah Hunt logo
- Save the Starliner!
- Walt Disney: One Man's Dream (Part 2)
- Walt Disney: One Man's Dream (Part 1)
- Disney Channel Rocks!
- And the winners are...
- No Food&Wine fest this year at DCA...
- Magic Kingdom general update
- Going away, 'till next year
- REMINDER - Typhoon Lagoon closed
- Fantasyland forest update
- Rockit has reopened. Now what?
- Popeye's Barges.... without water?
- Today... checking work on Fantasyland!
- Disney Dream arrives in Germany!
- The Adventureland Veranda
- ▼ November (102)