Welcome to ORLANDO THEME PARK NEWS!
Here you will find News, Rumors and Picture-updates from all Orlando's Theme Parks on a daily basis. We currently support any browser: Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, and Safari. For additional information on our site, click here.
Monday, June 14, 2010 | Posted by OTPN administrator | | Edit Post
A great milestone for the Epcot Character Spot:
When the rope dropped at Epcot June 8 allowing guests to enter the park, a crowd rushed to Character Spot at Innoventions to have photos taken with their favorite Disney characters. Unbeknownst to those waiting to meet and greet the "Fab Five" characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald Duck, Goofy and Pluto), the first person in line would be celebrated as the 3 millionth guest to visit the character meet and greet experience.
There to celebrate their first wedding anniversary, Kevin and Jackie Fink from Cleveland, Ohio, received more than the typical picture and autograph expected at a character meet and greet. Guest Relations Host Elton Green welcomed the crowd and announced that the couple standing in the front of the line would be the 3 millionth guest to visit the spot.
"This is my first visit to Walt Disney World also, so this is a wonderful display of the Disney magic I've heard about, and it's totally unexpected," said Kevin Fink.
A "Where magic lives" certificate is delivered with the news that the Finks are the 3 millionth guest.
The couple stepped into to first cartoonlike photo backdrop to be greeted by all of the Fab Five, complete with a blast of confetti and cheers from the crowd.
"Going above and beyond and wowing our guests is just a part of what we do at the Walt Disney World Resort," said Katrina Webster, Entertainment manager. "These special guests will have pictures and stories to tell for generations to come."
This celebration wouldn't be complete without confetti and the "Fab Five".
Then called Character Connection, Epcot Character Spot welcomed its first guest in May 2007. Just three years later, the 3 millionth guest has been able to experience an adventure with beloved Disney characters.
According to Entertainment manager Mario Trujillo, who helped plan a backstage celebration for the cast team, this magical moment was also an opportunity to recognize Character Spot cast members for the magic they create every day.
"We are all excited to welcome our 3 millionth guest," said Jack Feivou, general manager, Entertainment Operations, Epcot, Downtown Disney, Water Parks. " [Epcot] Character Spot is one of the premier character greeting locations on property with the highest volume of photos for Disney's Photo Imaging and the only place you can see all five VIPs (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto and Goofy) at the same time. The cast goes above and beyond to make this an exceptional guest experience and to help make memories that will last a lifetime."
The Epcot Character Spot team celebrates the milestone.
Well, congratulations EPCOT!
Please, Support Our Sponsors
Having to cover all the Theme Parks and Attractions in the Central Florida area is not an easy task. You can be sure that your donations will help us to continue to bring you all the latest news, rumors, and photo-updates as we have always done in the past.
- ► 2012 (1062)
- ► 2011 (1254)
- Something's growing... at SeaWorld
- Galaxi Spin coming this fall
- Today... Sea World!
- New Surf attraction coming soon!
- Universal Studios... still empty?
- Remembering Cypress Gardens
- Space Mountain pictures
- Magic Kingdom 06/25 update PART 2
- Toy Story 3 again!!
- Summer Nightastic videos
- Magic Kingdom 06/25 update PART 1
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (06/21 - 06/27)
- New restaurant taking over Race Rock
- Busch Gardens unveils new site
- New Radiator spring video
- Summer Nights at BGT
- New monthly payment for AP
- Did you notice?
- Captain EO passholder preview!
- Downtown Disney June 2010 update
- Celebrate Tonight! well, maybe not.
- Toy Story 3 Review
- New trains for Gwazi?
- More Informations about Disney's Golden Oak
- Club 626
- Disney's Golden Oak Community!
- New... 2011?
- New handheld device for people with disabilities
- Diver attacked by alligator at Silver Springs
- Tomorrow: MK and Epcot
- What does Busch Gardens really need?
- New Spa at Disney's Vero Beach Resort
- Universal Studios update
- New Disney Waterpark's commercial!
- Taste of Africa coming to DAK
- Fantasyland Expansion update
- OOTL: New Generation Festival at DLP
- Changes at the TTA
- P.R. already knows what's coming!!
- DHS' history!
- Alligator Alley coming soon..
- Toy Story 3 succesfull
- Feel the spirit. Feel the speed.
- Disney's Hollywood Studios update - PART 2
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (06/14 - 06/20)
- Ridemakerz returns to DTD in California
- For your safety,...
- Disney's Hollywood Studios update - PART 1
- Magical Midway
- Epcot Center commercial
- New Character dinner at Disney's Vero Beach
- Epcot progress
- News from the TTA!!
- Pirate's Dinner Adventure: Official OTPN Review
- Tokyo Disneyland will have Philarmagic
- Facts About Manta
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- What's next... in Orlando
- More info about new projects at WDW
- 3 millionth guest welcomed at Epcot Character Spot...
- Creepy discovery at WDW
- Little Mermaid Adventure
- The Emporium layout
- Seuss Landing works
- New stuff at Epcot (June 2010)
- Is World of Colors really that good? Not really......
- Nickelodeon Family Suite unveils new attractions
- Epcot construction report
- The Emporium's new layout
- Magic Kingdom under construction
- The Disney Look... to the Past! (06/07 - 06/13)
- News about Star Tours V.2
- Universal Orlando update (PART 2)
- News about the Hacienda
- World of Colors to debut... TODAY!!
- Universal Orlando update (PART 1)
- Disney to go to sleep?
- How to escape the heat
- New land in Busch Gardens
- A Disney Record!
- All aboard!
- OOTL: World of Colors additions
- Our Pirates.... not so good.
- OOTL: Silly Symphony Swings
- Out of the loop: Ratatouille at DLP?
- New MK update
- OOTL: DreamWorks on board
- SeaWorld's killer whale dies
- Disney's Animal Kingdom update
- How to score 999,999 on Buzz Lightyear's (Florida ...
- To share or not to share??
- Epcot Center update
- The Disney Look.. to the Past! (05/31 - 06/06)
- New stuff at Disney World
- New DVC resorts! Really?
- Islands of Adventure update
- I have a surprise for you....
- Pictures of Electrical Parade!
- Legoland Florida to expand soon
- Today: Epcot!
- Another Electrical Parade video
- OOTL: Six Flags Great Adventure
- Delta Dreamflight
- DCL video
- Magic Kingdom update
- OOTL: New stores open in Disneyland
- Magic Kingdom today!
- OTPN's favorite Italian Restaurants
- Carousel's name changed yesterday
- Summer Nightastic is coming!
- Pictures of BG's new coaster
- Last block added to the Disney Dream!
- OOTL: Disney's California Adventure
- Admin news
- ▼ June (115)